Complaint Review: Polaroid Corporation, Terrible Customer Service, Sends You Other Owners BROKEN Tv's

• Submitted: Fri, April 18, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, April 18, 2008

• Reported By:private Tennessee
300 Baker Avenue, Suite 330 Concord, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Polaroid Corporation, Terrible Customer Service, Sends You Other Owners BROKEN Tv's Wont return phone calls, customer service doesnt know whats going on. Complete Fraud Concord Massachusetts

I purchased an Element LCD TV back on November 2006 during a black friday sale for a fair price. (Note, Element and Polaroid are the same company from what I understand, more on that later) It was a 32 inch, model FLX 3202

Several months later I noticed the screen had a big black bar across the middle that was quite a bit darker than the rest of the screen. I called in to the customer service line and was they would mail me a control box that would arrive in 2 weeks, followed by a call from a tech who would set me up with a repair appointment to come to my home.

Three weeks went by and the control box arrived, but I received no phone call. I called back the customer support line and was apologized to and was assured a tech would call me within 48 hours. Three more days went by and no call. I called back again, and once again was assured someone would call me within 48 hours. Nobody called. I called back to customer service yet again and requested a supervisor who then told me that there were no service techs in my area, and would have to train one before they would service my television. She would not give me an estimate for how long this would take and refused to offer any further help.

After a few emails and more phone calls to customer service my case was bumped up to Polaroid who arranged for a Sears tech to come to my house. The tech was very difficult to schedule to come to my home as they only came to my area twice a week and could only schedule an all day ticket and not an exact time for when they would show up. Fast forward about 4 months later, and two repair attempts they cannot fix my tv and told me I would receive a replacement shortly.

I certainly did receive a replacement tv in the mail, but I was rather shocked to find it was someone else's broken tv that they mailed in for service, complete with this customers name, address, printed receipts from where he bought the tv at Walmart, along with his case number and a description of the issue he was having with the tv- big black spots at the top of the LCD.

I called back customer service over a dozen times and nobody can tell me whats going on or when I can expect my replacement or refund. I have never experienced such awful treatment from a company before

G
private, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2008 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polaroid-Corporation-Terrible-Customer-Service-Sends-You-Other-Owners-BROKEN-Tvs/Concord-Massachusetts-01742/Polaroid-Corporation-Terrible-Customer-Service-Sends-You-Other-Owners-BROKEN-Tvs-Wont-r-327159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polaroid Corporation, Terrible Customer Service, Sends You Other Owners BROKEN Tv's