Complaint Review: Polaroid Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, April 03, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 03, 2008

• Reported By:Urbana Illinois
Polaroid Corporation
300 Baker Avenue, Suite 330 Concord, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Polaroid Corporation has stalled months and still has not given me a refund or return Concord Massachusetts

I sent in a new Polaroid GPS unit that stopped charging and needed fixing on 5/25/07. I still (as of 4/3/08) have not received a working unit or a refund. I filled out all the proper paperwork and sent in the return according to their guidelines.

I have sent many emails to their customer service and have called to check and have gotten differing answers back. The first few times I called, one person said it was received, and the next said their computer was down and I'd have to call back. According to the emails, I don't think they even have any record of it, because they are asking me to send them in more information (that I had already sent them with the unit).

After months of emailing back and forth, they finally told me to send in all the paperwork I had: shipping and insurance receipt, tracking number and company, which they would send to customer service, and after they verified it, I would have to fax in a copy of my receipt. A copy of my receipt is in the box I sent, and after I called and verified that they had received it, I no longer kept track of the tracking number to ship it.

I explained that it was ridiculous for me to have to go through all the trouble to prove I had sent it in, since it was in their system the first time I called. Plus, after looking online, I saw that even after individuals had gone through those steps, Polaroid still stalled the refund check.

I then sent a complaint to the Better Business Bureau on 11/7/07 and asked for a newer model than the original (because of the amount of time that had elapsed) with a full warranty, since Polaroid only covers 3 months after a return. Also acceptable would be a refund for the entire purchase price (worth $469), plus the amount for shipping and handling. I would now also like to charge them 10 months interest on the price.

I then sent emails to Polaroid again since I hadn't heard anything. Then I got an email from the BBB saying that the issue had been resolved by the company:

The BBB is pleased that it has been able to be of service to you in resolving your complaint.

We received the following response from the business to your complaint.
Problem adjusted: Yes
Date adjusted on: 02/11/2008
Type of adjustment: Full Adjustment
Consumer contacted via email to resolve
Date Closed: 02/11/2008

I had sent 2 emails (2/20/08 and 3/7/08) which were never replied to. Does the fact that I keep emailing them and get no response mean this issue is resolved?

After seeing all of these complaints, I'm surprised a class action lawsuit has not been filed. It seems they are doing this on purpose to cheat people out of their money and/or product and warranty.

Andrea
Urbana, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2008 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polaroid-Corporation/Concord-Massachusetts-01742/Polaroid-Corporation-has-stalled-months-and-still-has-not-given-me-a-refund-or-return-Conc-323389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polaroid Corporation