Complaint Review: Polaroid Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, September 13, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, September 13, 2007

• Reported By:Midland Texas
Polaroid Corporation
1265 Main Street, Bldg W3 Waltham, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Polaroid Corporation 20" LCD TV FLM 2011 quit working 9 1/2 months after purchase and can't get it repaired, exchanged or a refund. Waltham Massachusetts

NOTE: The company I am reporting against is Polaroid. Because I purchased my product from Wal-Mart, I am choosing to submit Wal-Mart as a company who is just as liable for my problem because they are selling a product that POLAROID does not stand behind. I thought Wal-Mart had more integrity. Apparently it does not!

I purchased what I thought was the TV with the best looking picture. I loved it. One day it just didn't work (August 6, 2007) - it has an ugly green picture with wavy lines.

At first I called my cable company and had them come check out the problem but they told me it was my TV and not their service into my home. I even took it back to Wal-Mart where I purchased it and tried to exchange it but since it had been more than 90-days since I purchased it, they would not exchange it.

I started calling Polaroid customer service on August 11th and have been calling almost weekly since. Everytime I call I get a different excuse as to why I am unable to get service. They have told me 1) they don't service that model particular model; 2) it costs more for them to service it so they will either exchange it or give me an upgrade; 3) the service department doesn't offer service at this time, so call back in a couple of weeks.

I have now decided to call DAILY. I will continue to call DAILY until I find out when I will either get service, an exchange or now I have decided to request a full refund.

Letters have been sent to an attorney, Texas Attorney General's office, the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. Somebody needs to respond to what's happening to folks who put their faith in a product that has a name like POLAROID.

Carol
Midland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2007 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polaroid-Corporation/Waltham-Massachusetts-02451/Polaroid-Corporation-20-LCD-TV-FLM-2011-quit-working-9-12-months-after-purchase-and-can-274492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polaroid Corporation