Complaint Review: Polaroid Corporation

• Updated: Tue, January 13, 2009

• Reported By:Hoover Alabama
Polaroid Corporation
www.polaroid.com Internet U.S.A.

Polaroid Corporation Ripped Off by Purchasing piece of crap Polaroid 19 Inch LCD TV Internet

I purchased a Polaroid 19 inch LCD flat screen television from Wal-Mart 2 years ago for my daughter for Christmas. This television worked fine until about 2 months ago when the screen started going blank. The volume was still there, but no picture. Right before this started happening, I noticed the picture would dim a lot and some of the channels would not work properly.
Also, now, the DVD player (which did not come with the television), will not work either.
I read many, many of the same complaints online about this particular model television along with some others.
I paid $350.00 for this television. I have never in my life owned a television that worked for less than 2 years! Most good quality televisions last 20 or more years and don't require any servicing at all!
I would love it if someone would get to the bottom of this and make Polaroid do right by the customers who bought these crappy televisions!
I read one complaint that said that Polaroid said there were not enough complaints to warrant a recall. That is a big joke!
I want a refund for this television as I am now going to have to go out and purchase another one for my daughter. It will NOT be a Polaroid. I will never buy another Polaroid product again!

Sonja g
Hoover, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2009 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polaroid-Corporation/internet/Polaroid-Corporation-Ripped-Off-by-Purchasing-piece-of-crap-Polaroid-19-Inch-LCD-TV-Intern-411527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polaroid Corporation