Complaint Review: Polaroid

• Submitted: Thu, January 10, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 15, 2008

• Reported By:Yuma Arizona
Polaroid
4030 Via Pescador Camarillo, California U.S.A.

Polaroid 37inch LCD TV FLM-373B Quit working at 11 months old Camarillo California

*Consumer Suggestion: I'v been there and have a solution

I purchased my TV in Feb. of last year now it is not working, they sent the wrong part now I am still wating for my $1500 TV to get fixed. The repair man that came out told me to look up class action law suits, I found sevral, along with complaints that the same problems have been reported already. I am veary upset witht he situation. I have worked hard for everything I have ever had and now somthing that I have accomplished getting is now a high doller piece of junk. I don't know what to do.

Kama
Yuma, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2008 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polaroid/Camarillo-California-93012-5044/Polaroid-37inch-LCD-TV-FLM-373B-Quit-working-at-11-months-old-Camarillo-California-298761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polaroid

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Hollie - (U.S.A.)

I too bought a 37 inch LCD back in Feb of 07 and after 8 months it stopped working, we called the company were told the same thing I hear everyone else saying about having a part sent, however our part never came, it got put on back order and further on back order, til finally we had, had enough and told them so.

Here is my suggestion to you, first never get irrate with the person whom you are speaking with, it won't do you any good and probably will get you hung up on, second call every week and make sure they always know you had called the week before, we went through a phase where they didn't have record of us calling so we had to start all over, make sure you always write down the ticket number they give you and the name of the person you are talking to as well as the time and day you call.

After 4 weeks if you have no resolution then you tell them, it has been excessive and you know would like an exchange or refund and well when we told them that in a matter of mintues they told us the tvs to replace my broken tv was on back order so they would issue us a refund and they did and it actually showed up when they said it would, shocking I know but it is true, another thing if you paid 1500.00 for your tv then you got ripped right out of the gate, cause you shouldn't have paid more then 999.00 Try being nice and not getting aggrevatied at them when you do call and call every week until you get the answer you want to hear, hell call everyday if you have to, I know we had gotten to that point but we went round with them alot longer then we should have, they told us anything after 4 weeks is considered excessive and is due an exchange or refund. Hope this helps.

#2 Consumer Suggestion