Complaint Review: Polaroid

• Submitted: Wed, June 25, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 26, 2009

• Reported By:PTC Georgia
Polaroid
300 Baker Ave. Concord, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Polaroid TV's Are A Complete Lemons And Legal Action Needs To Be Taken! $1000.00 37inch LCD TV broken after only 15 months of use. Concord Massachusetts

*Consumer Suggestion: fix it cheap or sell it to me please

I am truly disgusted, especially after reading all of the similar complaints and problems all over the internet. We are not wealthy, we totally splurged on a Polaroid 37 inch TV from Circuit City for $1000.00 in Feb. 2007, and now it won't even turn on. I suspect its the faulty control panel that everyone is referring to in their complaints and I called the company and was given the "we'll send you another refurbed one for $310.00" speech as well.

I just don't see how they haven't had to recall these TV's. There is no way we can afford to replace this with another $1000.00 TV, so I guess we just have to kiss our money goodbye and go cry in our cornflakes because it doesn't seem like there is any positive solution being offered for this problem. Action needs to be taken against polaroid and any company selling these faulty TV's. It just makes me sad for us and everyone else that we wasted their hard earned money on what they thought would be a 7-10 year investment.

Lee
PTC, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2008 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polaroid/Concord-Massachusetts-01742/Polaroid-TVs-Are-A-Complete-Lemons-And-Legal-Action-Needs-To-Be-Taken-100000-37inch-LC-344343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polaroid

#1 Consumer Suggestion

fix it cheap or sell it to me please

AUTHOR: Lord Icon - (U.S.A.)

I have the same tv, see my posted fix under a search. The caps go bad , but a $15 fix and 10 min of your time is all that is needed.
Kris