Complaint Review: Polaroid

• Submitted: Tue, November 13, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, December 31, 2008

• Reported By:new britain ct Connecticut
polaroid.com Newington, Connecticut U.S.A.

Polaroid 1 1/2 yr old 32" HD plasm TV-junk Newington Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: Let me clarify your misconceptions ...

I just read of another unsuspecting person who depended on the good name of Polaroid to be duped by their entry into the television market.

My television is 1 1/2 years old and just died. No picture no sound and no one to service the equiptment. No parts available---nothing. I saved for this TV and expected it to last for 10 years or more...1000.00 is a lot of money for anyone to spend on a throw-away product. I don't know where to turn or what to do to get satisfaction.

new britain ct, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2007 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polaroid/Newington-Connecticut-06111/Polaroid-1-12-yr-old-32-HD-plasm-TV-junk-Newington-Connecticut-284535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polaroid

AUTHOR: Dennis - (U.S.A.)

I was one of the first to post here on the GARBAGE that Polaroid was selling and I still have the piece of junk sitting on my floor hoping I can somehow get it fixed..
I come back every now an then to see if anyone came up with some sort of "fix" to either sue Polaroid or get the garbage they sold fixed..I know it has been a year since this lady posted and you left an IDIOTIC REBUTTAL,but I cant pass this up without CLARIFYING something for you.You sound like you might be a disgruntled employee of Polacrap.
I along with most people who posted here had past experience with polaroid products and YES we did believe it was a GOOD name to DEPEND on...

A $1000.00 might not be alot to you but I believe it is at the top end of a high price for a 32" tv..
I paid $1700.00 for a 37" piece of junk form polaroid with the same problems as everyone else.
And to expect the TV to last 10 years is not asking alot
What makes you think if she or I or anyone on this board for that matter paid for the extra warranty the tv's would be repaired?? I've read on here where the people have paid the extra money for the extended warranty and it is WORTHLESS...

So I think I would THINK before posting and ripping someone again..

Let me clarify your misconceptions ...

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

1- Polaroid products are not "a good name to be depended on" but are junk, and always have been junk.

2- $1,000 is NOT alot to spend on a 32" HD Plasma TV. Hence, you get what you pay for.

3- Polaroid TVs are NOT going to last "10 years or more."

4- It does not sound like you purchased a service contract for your precious investment, and instead relied on the standard 1 year manufacturer's warranty. You are complaining because the product broke AFTER the manufacturer's warranty EXPIRED. You got exactly what you paid for. Where is the rip off??