Complaint Review: Polaroid

• Submitted: Tue, December 04, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2007

• Reported By:Ridge New York
Polaroid
www.Polaroid.com Waltham, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Polaroid LCD JUNK Waltham Massachusetts

I too was shopping for an LCD television.I saw 100 brands if I saw one.The one that stood out the best as far as picture was POLAROID.

I thought with a name like Polaroid how could I go wrong.I remember back in the 70's when the Polaroid instant camera was a BIG HIT. I still have that and it still works. I thought the same "quality" would be put into there televisions..

Well needless to say BOY WAS I WRONG. After 14 months the sound went on the TV All I get is a loud pitch. Lucky for me I have surround sound, So after calling POLAROID and having them tell me the warranty was up,I have to "MUTE" the sound on the television but "stare" at the "mute" in the lower corner of the screen..

2 months after that I turned the TV on and all I got was vertical lines.

After turning the TV on and off for 15-20 minutes the picture comes in.
Now we all know that is not going to last.

I called POLAROID again and explained the problem. They wanted to hear nothing I had to say. All they said is I should have purchased an extended warranty. ALL I SAID WAS AFTER SPENDING $1600.00 WHY WAS A WARRANTY NEEDED AFTER 16 MONTHS.

Well I got no where with POLAROID, but I hope before the holidays FUTURE LCD BUYERS will read the support I along with other Polaroid buyers received and STAY AWAY FROM POLAROID LCD TELEVISIONS.

Dennis
Ridge, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2007 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polaroid/Waltham-Massachusetts-02451/Polaroid-LCD-JUNK-Waltham-Massachusetts-289018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polaroid