Complaint Review: Polaroid

• Reported By:Northern Minnesota
Polaroid
polaroid.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Polaroid FLM-373B Minnesota

*Consumer Suggestion: Polaroid stinks, but here is the fix for your TV!

I bought the Polaroid FLM-373B around Febuaruary of 2007 and my speakers went out in June of 2008. Polaroid told me that it was a common problem and that I should just purchase a home theatre system, so I did. Now 2 months later I have a green and pink screen and the T.V. keeps shutting off on me.

I spent $1500.00 on this piece of junk. I called polaroid on August 14th and the lady told me that my warranty has run out, I thought it was one year, and that they do not service non warranty products. I can however for $310.00 and shipping get a T.V. that has been used and returned by somebody else and that it could be an entirely differnet style and size of T.V..

I am a little confused that a company that has been around for such along time would allow products, that do not work to be sold to their customers. I for one will never buy another Polaroid again.

Stacy
Northern, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2008 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polaroid/nationwide/Polaroid-FLM-373B-Minnesota-363679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polaroid

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Polaroid stinks, but here is the fix for your TV!

AUTHOR: Blakeburnette - (U.S.A.)

I have a Polaroid TV with much the same problem. I found the following link that will solve your problem, because Polaroid will only try to rip you off. Go to this link and you will see that there are over 50 individuals that have had the same problem as you and I have. It is obvious Polaroid knows about this problem, and is not going to do anything for you and I except take more of our money! Steve0 has even taken pictures to help with the repair: http://www.fixya.com/support/r741402-polaroid_flm_373b_lcd_tv_black_screen

Good luck with fixing your TV!

Blake Burnette