Complaint Review: Polaroid

Polaroid Polaroid TV is JUNK Nationwide

*Author of original report: Polaroid is JUNK-Dept of Justice steps in! SOLUTION

*Consumer Comment: Polaroid

*Consumer Suggestion: their address

Polaroid TV is JUNK! I bought TV for Christmas during the doorbuster sale at WalMart. Installed in Jan. In Feb, the built in DVD player broke. Called Polaroid, said they would send replacement module out, and I could install myself. It should arrive in 7-10 business days. They never sent it, yet each time I called, they said it would be sent. By April, the screen went out. They said they would send us another TV...when it never arrived, I called...."You need to FAX more info".... each time I called I thought I provided them with the information they required... but 7-10 business days passed...I would call again.... they would want something else! Finally, about a month later, I received the TV...it was a refurbished model...had apparent wear and the DVD did NOT work! Polaroid refused to send out a service technician, they would mail us the DVD module to install ourselves. Polaroid said they do not care about the cosmetics of the TV they sent, their only obligation was to send the parts to fix it, or replace with refurbished models. I asked customer service for their address so I could send them a complaint letter...they REFUSED. Polaroid will NOT give out their customer service address! I asked the operator: "Don't you drive to work? Where do you work?" He said, "We do NOT have an address."

In summary, DO NOT buy Polaroid. Your TV will certainly break, and Polaroid will postpone repairs and give you junk. -the warranty expires one year from the date of purchase.

Ron
Central Point, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2008 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polaroid/nationwide/Polaroid-Polaroid-TV-is-JUNK-Nationwide-339403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polaroid

Polaroid is JUNK-Dept of Justice steps in! SOLUTION

AUTHOR: Consumer h - (U.S.A.)

As I said, Polaroid did not want to replace defective unit with new. I sent a "Consumer Complaint Form" to the Oregon Department of Justice. After they stepped in, Polaroid gave me a full refund! I shipped the broken tv back, I got the check today!

I reported Polaroid to:
Oregon Department of Justice
Financial Fraud/Consumer Protection Section
1162 Court St, N.E.
Salem, OR 97301-4096.
Phone:(877)877-9392
www.doj.state.or.us

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU get justice!

Polaroid

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Polaroid as a company is a shell of what it was. A few years ago they were bought out by Petters Group. This company still does not manufacture the TV's. But they licenced their "name" to outside manufacturer(s) in China.

Petters Group Worldwide
4400 Baker Road
Minnetonka, MN
55343-8684

I believe that the above address is to the Polaroid Film division which mainly does the camera's and film.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

their address

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

Did you bother to check their web sight, I did. I founf this

Polaroid Corporation
Corporate Headquarters
300 Baker Avenue
Concord, MA 01742-2131
Phone: +1 781-386-2000

What do you expect buying a tv amde in china from walmart? not the highest of quality.