Complaint Review: Polbuild- Martin Mazurek

• Updated: Wed, October 30, 2013

• Reported By: Unhappy Consumer — London Alabama
Polbuild- Martin Mazurek
35 Carmichael Road Nationwide United Kingdom

Polbuild- Martin Mazurek A-Z Plumbing East Street Londonor Property Improvement Maintance Service Ltd Fiited and electric shower and job done well- but used the wrong circuit breaker - Amps were incorrect and blew fuses for whole system london Nationwide

I had read online about a good local plumber- so booked them on phone sounded proffessional. They arranged a Saturday appointment to replace an electrical shower- ststed 1 hour or 1.5 hours max @ £89 per hour. Due to a Saturday I agreed.

Appointment was meant to be a 9am but got a call to say there had an emergeny and it would be noon - eventually at 13.45 the pulmber turned up.

The job seemed to be straight forward but took 2 hours from arriving till he put all his tools in the van- miles up the road and he went out 4 times to make calls and apparently get other stuff!

When I phoned to pay the head office- they told me it was 2.5 hours work I needed to pay when the job took just over an hour- as he did lots of phaffing about.

When I paid the £89 then turned in to £89 plus 20% vat which was not agreed and my intial verbal quote of £133 turned in to £267. The head office took the money out my account with authorisation of the amount given- they also tried to charge 3% credit card fee so I chose to be on a debit card.

To make matters worse the following day when I went to use the shower it blew my circuit board as they had installed the wrong amp circuit breaker- this was written in the manual that 45AMP was required.

When I ohoned them up they promised an guy to come around that evening- surprise no one turned up, when I called them they said he was tied up in another job and would come around the following night- guess what next night no one cam and when I called from my mobile it was answer machine- then my friend called asked them to come around as soon as my name was mentioned they hung up- this happened all night.

I had to get another electrician out to change the circuit breaker and make the electric safe. I belive the company I used were an agency and I am trying to speak to my bank about stopping payment A very annoyed consumer LONDON.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2013 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polbuild-Martin-Mazurek/nationwide/Polbuild-Martin-Mazurek-A-Z-Plumbing-East-Street-Londonor-Property-Improvement-Maintance-1095713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polbuild- Martin Mazurek