Complaint Review: Ponce de Leon counseling Services

• Updated: Thu, December 02, 2010

• Reported By: Cocoa — Stone Mountain Georgia United States of America
Ponce de Leon counseling Services
41 Marietta Street, Suite 600 Internet United States of America

Ponce de Leon counseling Services CEO/ Owner: Joe Ponce Counseling Services have a serious lack of professional ethics. Internet

*Author of original report: feedback

*Consumer Suggestion: rackets

On Dec. 1, 2010 I was notified by my probation officer that I had been administered the wrong evaluation test at Ponce de Leon Counseling Services. It was ordered by a judge that I have a psychiatric evaluation, but Ponce administered an anger management evaluation instead. Nonetheless, I paid for the testing not knowing initially that I was paying for the wrong evaluation (my mistake).

Although, I did not know the difference between both tests; Joe having many years experience in his career told me that he knew exactly what need to be done. After reviewing my file over the phone with me on Dec. 1, 2010, Joe admitted that he gave me the wrong tests. I then asked Joe what could/ should be done, & that's when he told me that I still need to pay for the correct test in addition to what I already paid. The correct test (psych) is $75 opposed to the $20 I already paid for the anger mgmt. evaluation.

I tried to reason with Joe, but he proceeded to tell me that he would not be able to reason with me, then he hung up in my face. I was astonished. I couldn't believe that a "business" would react to a person in need like Ponce did. After I called back to obtain a copy of my file, I was hung up on by Joe a 3rd time. Not only did he hang up on me, but he also threatened to call my probation officer since I proceeded to call him when he "did not feel like talking".

I had to laugh at this situation. I am unemployed with little to NO funds whatsoever. This truth was a reality that made me realize how this situation was not funny after all. In the end, I still must complete the psych. evaluation. However, Joe is the most unprofessional hyprocrite I have ever met. How can someone that is so angry teach anger management? He helps to provoke your anger, not suppress it.

I also feel as if Joe should have at least applied the $20 towards the correct evaluation, but as rude as he is I would much rather get a refund. Ponce is not a reputable place to seek proper treatment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2010 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ponce-de-Leon-counseling-Services/internet/Ponce-de-Leon-counseling-Services-CEO-Owner-Joe-Ponce-Counseling-Services-have-a-seriou-667117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ponce de Leon counseling Services

feedback

AUTHOR: Cocoa - (United States of America)

Thank you for your input rackets!! I did not pay by credit card.
However, I do have printed receipts from Ponce showing proof of
payments. I've been told that I can get basic tests such as the psych
evaluation by a family physician. Not quite sure how true this is, but
if so my insurance will pay for it. I also did some research on Ponce.
They have tons of consumer complaints! Never knew I needed to research
feedback on a "mental health" doc. Pays to learn!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

rackets

AUTHOR: Lesley Wolfgang Jackson - (United States of America)

If you paid by credit card, seek a refund through them.  If not, then try your attorney general etc, to see if the state contracts through them.  Tell them your story, maybe you can get the state to quit referring clients to them.  Last but not least you can picket, or vandalize.  Whatever you do, try and take the psych test somewhere else so at least they cant screw you a second time.