Complaint Review: Pool Deals

• Updated: Sat, July 27, 2013

• Reported By: Vicki — Alexandria Virginia
Pool Deals
1775 Baseline Road, Suite 280 Grand Island, New York USA

Pool Deals pooldeals.com No pool liner or refund since April 19, 2013 until July 27, 2013 Grand Island New York

*Author of original report: Finally got refund

On April 19, 2013, I ordered a replacement liner for my swimming pool. I used my credit card to pay for this order and it was charged against my charge card the same day.  On April 24, I received an email from Nicole at Pool Deals stating that the liner I ordered was not in stock, but it was expected in by June 10.  I emailed back stating that I was willing to wait for this liner.

On July 8, 2013, I called Pool Deals to check on the status of my order.  I was informed that the liner still had not arrived and I had asked to modify my order from this liner to another liner that was in stock.  This liner was less expensive and I was told that I would be refunded the difference in price.  As of today, this refund has not been reflected.  I asked how long would it take to receive this liner.  The customer service rep told me I should have it within 7 days.

On July 18 when I still had not received the liner, I went to the website to use their online tracking.  According to the tracker, the order was still sitting at the warehouse.  I sent an email through their contact us option.  I inquired on when the liner would be sent.  I received a response later that day from Juanita, stating that the liner was "lost" in their shipping dept and that I could either have it shipped now or cancel the order.  I responded that day, stating that if they could express ship the liner and guarantee that I would receive it by July 23 then I would stay with the order.  If they could not express ship the liner so that I could receive by the 23rd, then I wanted to cancel the order.

On July 19 I received an email from Juanita stating that she had "initiated" a cancelation request and that it would take 1 to 2 business days before she would know if it was "sucessfully canceled".  It was further noted that the order was not concidered canceled until I received a confirmation number.  As of today I have not received a cancelation number.  I emailed Juanita back stating that I wanted immediate refund and could not understand why I had to wait so long for confirmation and then a refund, when they had no problem with taking my money on the same day that my order was placed.  My customer service ticket was closed as a response to my email.

On July 27, I sent another email to inquire about my refund.  Since their business offices are only opened Monday through Friday, 9 AM-5PM.  I only want written documentation now from this company because I truly believe that I am going to have to take this company to court to get my money back on an order that has never been fulfilled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pool-Deals/Grand-Island-New-York-14072/Pool-Deals-pooldealscom-No-pool-liner-or-refund-since-April-19-2013-until-July-27-2013-1070538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pool Deals

Finally got refund

AUTHOR: Vicki - ()

I finally got my refund after company found that I filed my rip off report.  This is a great website!