Complaint Review: Pool Deals

• Submitted: Wed, September 26, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 26, 2012

• Reported By: John Q Public — Sedro-Woolley Washington United States of America
Pool Deals

Pool Deals Ray-Maxx Pool Cover Internet

I bought a 36' x 18' pool cover from www.pooldeals.com in July of this year.  My last pool cover lasted 8 years.  This new pool cover made by Ray-Maxx didn't last one summer.

The Ray-Maxx pool cover I purchased from Pool Deals was advertised as "thick" 12-gauge with a 5-year warranty.  I paid almost $150 for it.  My first thought when cutting it to fit the pool was how much thinner it was than my last cover and how flimsy it was.  Now it's de-laminating, coming apart, after less than 3-months of use.

I contacted Pool Deals by phone and asked about the warranty.  The lady said, since it was past 30-days,  I'd need to fill out the warranty card that was shipped with the cover and send it to the manufacturer.  There was no card shipped with the cover and I told her that.  She said then, I'm out of luck.

I Googled Ray-Maxx and couldn't find their contact information.  I stumbled into this ripoff report and began reading about Ray-Maxx covers and Pool Deals.  The exact same problem I'm having was complained about by others.  Luckily, someone reported a possible phone number that I could contact to maybe get some action.

I'll be sure not to buy anything from Pool Deals again or anything that says Ray-Maxx.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2012 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pool-Deals/internet/Pool-Deals-Ray-Maxx-Pool-Cover-Internet-946834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pool Deals