Complaint Review: Pop Labs, Inc. ,Webxites, LP

• Submitted: Fri, April 03, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, September 14, 2011

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Pop Labs, Inc. ,Webxites, LP
7850 Parkwood Circle Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Gene McCubbin, Pop Labs, Inc. Webxites, LP Neglect, Lies, Breach of Contract, Abuse, Insult and Extort Houston Texas

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Olympic Pools

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: The result and reality of this complaint

*Author of original report: Sorry for your Loss!

*Consumer Comment: Personal

* : Pop Labs shuts down service

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ALL WORKED OUT !!!

*Author of original report: Gene McCubbin, Pop Labs, Inc., Webxites, LP Have fixed it!!! Yea!!!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Services are not taxed at same rate as products

*Author of original report: Pop Labs, Inc./ WebXites, LP/ Gene McCubbin

Gene McCubbins, Pres. of Pop Labs Inc. and his staff neglected to make requested changes and failed to follow up with communications.

When they finally did respond, they would attempt to lie about their actions.

They Breached our contract, boasted about it and then wanted to act like it never happened.

The became abusive and insulting in an effort to be-little me instead of apologize or offer to make things write.

They then offered to Breach our contract again if we didn't comply with their demands for different payment arrangements than those stated in our contract. Which constitutes extortion.

I would recommend you check out their previous company (Webxites, LP) with your local BBB and District Attorney's office prior to doing business with them. Their current company Pop Labs, Inc. will not come up on my states BBB as it is very new and I am the first persistant complaint they have had under this new name.

Gary
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2009 12:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pop-Labs-Inc-Webxites-LP/Houston-Texas-77036/Gene-McCubbin-Pop-Labs-Inc-Webxites-LP-Neglect-Lies-Breach-of-Contract-Abuse-Insul-440537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pop Labs, Inc. ,Webxites, LP

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Olympic Pools

AUTHOR: Gene - (U.S.A.)

Olympic Pools stopped providing service to my pool...evidenced by the fact the pool turned a brilliant shade of green, had thousands of tadpoles, which later became frogs, which later lead to snakes over the course of about three months in the Texas Heat. Fascinating little microcosm of life.  However, they never stopped billing me.  The reason they stopped servicing the pool was the pump was broke, and it couldn't be cleaned.  It was a rental home for temporary usage, and the owner didn't want to pay for the pump to be fixed.

In the interim, Olympic Pools billed me continually, despite being told to pause billing, and they billed me for many months after I had left the rental home, and moved elsewhere.  We settled the accounting error, split the difference on our viewpoints, and went our separate ways.  That is hardly "ripping off" their family owned business.  But, again, small business owners are often not very savvy.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

The result and reality of this complaint

AUTHOR: Gene - (U.S.A.)

Gary owned a foundation company that was a client of mine. He provided one of his client's credit cards as a form of payment for four months....without telling his client.  He then refused to pay for services according to his contract, refused to provide a credit card that actually worked and was his own and under his name.  Would harass my staff to no end, much like he has done on this ridiculous post.  Would email me continually through all times of the day and night.  So we cancelled his contract and fired him.  Whew.  Then he filed a suit in the Justice of the Peace small claims court, which we counter-sued against him in a real court of law w/ damages.  Seeing that neither I nor my company would bend to his extortion-like demands, and seeing that he was in fact going to be facing a very real lawsuit for slander (not one that cost $64 to file)...he dropped his suit and went away.  It is unfortunate that I had to invest money and time in defending myself and my name, against a claim that was inaccurate.  But, for the thousands of good clients I have served over the years, it always seems the bad one's are the loudest.  So, for clarity on the issue, despite his constant willingness to harass and and attempt to hurt someone's otherwise good name, Gary went away quietly.  He did manage to escape payment on a contract, but then again, he was not seemingly able to pay in the first place.

Sorry for your Loss!

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

Gene is a generation "X" er who thinks he is beyond the law!  I filed suit in small claims court to stop the damages he was causing, so he shut down my website (That I had paid thousands of dollars to create) and tried to take the case from a JOP court to the District court.  My opinion is that Gene was too weak to appear in person and defend his actions.  In his own words, he wanted to make it too expensive for me to present my case.  If you know the address of his newly built dream home, I would love to know where to have him served.  I think he probabily rented another nice house and never built one anyway.  Gary

Personal

AUTHOR: olympic - (United States of America)

Gene McCubbin personally ripped off my family owned and operated company.

He used our services for a period of about 4 months at a place he was renting until his big new house was finished being built.

He never made payments nor was he willing to. If Gene McCubbin lives his personal life that way, I can only imagine how he runs his business.

#5

Pop Labs shuts down service

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

They did it again!  We thought we had fixed the problem and when we didn't agree to their rediculous terms and sued them, they breached the contract (we did have) all over again!  When people pay for services they should recieve them.  If you don't like being sued, honor your contract.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

ALL WORKED OUT !!!

AUTHOR: Gene - (U.S.A.)

Gary & Gene worked it all out... even and cool heads prevailed !

Gene McCubbin, Pop Labs, Inc., Webxites, LP Have fixed it!!! Yea!!!

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

I may have been a bit hard on Gene, as I was enforcing one contract and he a different one. Once we discovered our error of arguing apples and oranges we have quickly been able to resolve the issues and are moving forward. I apologize for the false alarm.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Services are not taxed at same rate as products

AUTHOR: Gene - (U.S.A.)

More silly posts from Gary Coffing of GA Coffing and Sons Foundation Repair in Austin and San Antonio Texas. Mr. Coffing refused to pay his bills, harassed my staff and was fired as a client.

He is complaining here because he was charged 6% sales tax instead of 8.25%. It was explained to him that this was approved by the state of texas, and was requested by our company on behalf of our clients...to save them money.

Higher math must be a challenge here: 6% is < 8.25% ...which is to his advanatge.

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

It seems Pop Labs, Inc./WebXites, LP has been charging Texas State Taxes that they have not been collecting nor reporting properly. An investigation has been requested to determine the details. I have filed with the FTC and it appears they will begin an investigation soon, as well, for charging bank accounts/debit cards without contractual permission/authorization. It sucks to be Gene McCubbin right now. Gary