Complaint Review: Popular Mechanics Harlan, IA

• Submitted: Tue, July 08, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, July 08, 2014

• Reported By: MLS — Lexington North Carolina

Hearst Publications -- Popular Mechanics Harlan, IA Billing for Magazine that has already been paid Internet

I continue to receive bills from Popular Mechanics Harlan, IA for subscription that I have already paid and have the cancelled check. The renewal that I sent in was for $14.00 now they are billing me for $26.00.  I have contacted PM and received an e mail with a reference number saying I would be contacted. However, I still have not been contacted.  I can't find a phone number and the e mail will not accept a reply.

The Customer Service Page says teh following. I am a senior citizen and I think this is a method to scam me.  They think that they can collect twice and I will not notice that the bill has already been paid.

Magazine Payment Status Gift Payment Status Expire Date
Popular Mechanics No Payment Due
No Gift Payment Due
October 2016

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2014 06:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Popular-Mechanics-Harlan-IA/internet/Hearst-Publications-Popular-Mechanics-Harlan-IA-Billing-for-Magazine-that-has-already-1160333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Popular Mechanics Harlan, IA