Complaint Review: PortFolio Recovery Services

• Submitted: Sun, December 11, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, December 11, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Worcester Massachusetts U.S.A.
PortFolio Recovery Services
120 Corporate Blvd Norfolk, Virginia United States of America

PortFolio Recovery Services Collection Agency threatened to call the cops on me Norfolk, Virginia

This Collection Agency is Nuts, They called me up a few days ago, I told them I was going Bankrupt and not working. Instead of asking for a Attorney name and Docket number. They told me they were going to continue to call and harrass me. I told the guy dont ever f###ing call me again. I called them back and told them to stop F##ng calling me. They told me they were going to call the cops on me. Yeh, to collect a civil debt by means of criminal threats and intimidation is called Extortion or attempted Extortion.

These people are scumbags. Normally when a person tells a collection agency they are filing for bankruptcy they ask you for a Docet number and an Attorney name. This didnt happen. This collection agency is Based in Virginia, makes that state look bad to me for allowing a company like this to operate. They collect for HSBC and many other banks. I have read many stories on the web about this company. And they were horror stories. Makes me happy Occupy Wall street is going on. Maybe it will shut business like this down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2011 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PortFolio-Recovery-Services/Norfolk-Virginia-/PortFolio-Recovery-Services-Collection-Agency-threatened-to-call-the-cops-on-me-Norfolk-807966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PortFolio Recovery Services