Complaint Review: Portfolio Recovery Assoc LLC

• Updated: Tue, September 29, 2009

• Reported By: stephy6175 — memphis Tennessee USA
Portfolio Recovery Assoc LLC
120 Corporate Boulevard Norfolk, Virginia United States of America

Portfolio Recovery Assoc LLC THIS SO-CALLED COMPANY PUT A LIEN ON MY HOUSE BUT I AM THE WRONG PERSON. SAME NAME BUT DIFFERENT SS# AND DATE OF BIRTH. memphis, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: handled incorrectly

I was getting a cashout loan on my home when my loan officer called and said I had a lien placed on my home. She gave me the information on who was the lienholder.

I called these people who had the lien and come to find out the lien was against someone with my same name but different social and dob. I asked them how could I get this fixed and they laughed at me telling me it was my problem. That I would have to go to the county office and prove who I am to get the lien removed that it wasn't their problem. So basically oops.

I was going to close soon and now I can't do anything until this is fixed. My daughter is starting college and we really needed the help. The lien has been on my home for 3 years now without my knowledge. I don't understand how this can happen and why I should be the one to go out of my way for their mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2009 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Portfolio-Recovery-Assoc-LLC/Norfolk-Virginia-23502/Portfolio-Recovery-Assoc-LLC-THIS-SO-CALLED-COMPANY-PUT-A-LIEN-ON-MY-HOUSE-BUT-I-AM-THE-W-485715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Portfolio Recovery Assoc LLC

handled incorrectly

AUTHOR: Dravendebtcollect - (USA)

This matter was handled incorrectly, but I can say that the quickest and easiest way to clear this up is to send written dispute to the creditor, as well as do as they stated and go to the Registar of deeds and have this matter cleared up on your own. granted it was a mistake on part of the agency. First off it should not have happened, second, you are not going out of your way for their mistake if you are clearing YOUR OWN NAME so either it was your debt and you just wanted out of it, or this is a false report.