Complaint Review: Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc

• Submitted: Tue, October 19, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, October 20, 2010

• Reported By: Jobie — Georgia U.S.A.
Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc
120 Corporate Boulevard Norfolk, Virginia United States of America

Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc wrong number harrassment Norfolk, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: I for got to mention

*Consumer Comment: call block

On October 19, 2010, I received a call from this company at my home number at 12:03pm EST. The caller asked for someone who does not live here and I said he sad the wrong number. He then got an aggressive tone and said "Well do you know her?"I replied, "Excuse Me?" and he repeated the question.  I then asked for his name and he protested, but gave it to me, he said it was "Chris" and what company he was calling from and told him to send me to a supervisor. He replied " Fine, RUDE!" and I assume transferred me, although the next person I spoke to sounded almost exactly like him.

I was not polite, told him exactly what "Chris" had said and he seemed to not have a problem with this company treating a wrong number in this manor. He claimed he had a right to ask any questions he wanted. I told him it was harassment and would report them to the police, and am still considering this action. I cussed at him and told him I had no **** clue who they were calling for. I asked if he trained "Chris" and he snapped back with a "NO! I didn't train him!" and told him he needs to train his people better.  He kept saying "Oh the F-bomb again!" in surprise every time I used it, but I know they train their people to get a person to that level, even though it has NOTHING to do with ME!  I don't care about whoever it was they are looking for, but they called ME so I had every right to curse him out and tell him what I thought.  I have no connection to this company, and do not think that just because they are debt collection company that it gives them the right to treat just anyone like this. I have no idea who the person they were calling about is, and I have had my home number for over 2 years.  I am disghusted with their behavior, and surprised that "Chris" even gave me the companies name becuase I thought they were only supposed to give that information to the person they were calling for.

If I do receive another call from them I willfile harassment charges. "Chris" was told up front he had the wrong number. It should have ended there, but instead, I am forced to post it here for everyone to read.  I also filed a complaint to their site, but I honestly doubt anything will come of it.  IF it does, I will be sure to post their responce here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2010 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-Inc/Norfolk-Virginia-23502/Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-Inc-wrong-number-harrassment-Norfolk-Virginia-652777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc

I for got to mention

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

I for got to mention when you tell a collectionn agency that they have the wrong # they do not listen.

call block

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

If you have call reject on your phone use it.

Another collection agency called my cell looking for another person. I told the caller that he had the wrong # . I was imformed they would take my cell #   off the cell #  out of their database . Well that did not happen when they called again using a regular # I put a block on it as well as thier 1800# .