Complaint Review: Portfolio Recovery Associates Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, March 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 21, 2009

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
Portfolio Recovery Associates Inc.
120 Corporate Blvd Norfolk, Virginia U.S.A.

Portfolio Recovery Inc., Portfolio Recovery Inc. Portfolio Recovery Associates Inc. Attempt to collect non-existing debt Norfolk Virginia

I received a call from a Tammy Raburn of Portfolio Recovery Associates Inc. on 3/21/2009. She informed me she was calling as an effort to collect on a debt owed to US Cellular for a cellular account with them. I was employed by US Cellular from August 1994 to March 2000 when my employment was terminated. During my employ I was provided with a cell phone and a cellular account as part of my job. I had never signed up for cellular service as an individual with US Cellular. She advised that the debt was over 300 dollars but could not state an exact amount nor could she provide me with the EXACT cellular number, only part of it, 541-8XX-7001.

I am treating this as a fraudulent attempt to extort money and reporting it as such. I advised I had received no written correspondence regarding said "debt" from anyone including US Cellular over the past 9 years and that I would not be paying said "debt" under any circumstances.

John f
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2009 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-Inc/Norfolk-Virginia-23502/Portfolio-Recovery-Inc-Portfolio-Recovery-Inc-Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-Inc-Attemp-436257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Portfolio Recovery Associates Inc.