Complaint Review: Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC

• Phone: 800-772-7326
  • Web:
  • Category:

Portfolio Recovery Associates Continual Calls and Harrassment Norfolk, Virginia

I am complaining about unfair treatment by Portfolio Recovery Associates.  I am being continually called and harrassed daily, regarding payments I have already made:

(a) I have paid them via computer online banking for over a year and a half.

(b) They have in the past withheld cashing checks for over 30 days requesting automatic monthly electronic debit which I flatly refused.

(c) They have refused to cash my payments from the bank for over 60 days. (Since December 2009).

(d) They refuse to send me a written statement of my balance nor will they send me a statement proving that I am delinquent in making payments.

(e) They call twice each morning and sometimes once in the evening.

(f) I have told them that I am not interested in any offer to settle and would like to continue making payments through online banking. I mentioned that their constant calling is nothing more than harrasement to which they replied that they have a right to call me.

(g) Though I have made myself clear to them regarding automatic electronic debit they have make it a point to mention it on every call.

(h) On more than one occasion they have threatened me with lawsuits even though I have been faithful in making payments.

I have not missed paying this company for nearly two years. I would like for them to cease and desist from their demanding and harrassing calls. I would like for our communications to be by mail only. And I am requesting that they send me statements of my continued payments/balance for the past 12 months.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2010 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-LLC/Norfolk-Virginia-23502/Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-Continual-Calls-and-Harrassment-Norfolk-Virginia-578690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC