Complaint Review: Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC

• Submitted: Tue, December 16, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 16, 2008

• Reported By:Canton Ohio
Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC
140 Corporate Boulevard Norfolk, Virginia U.S.A.

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC Liars and scam artists Norfolk Virginia

After going to Experian, and other services, I disputed any and all charges that Portfolio Recovery Associates were attempting to collect on. Apparently, no one there bothered to check with these services, as the charge was deleted from my credit report. My contention, in a nutshell, was that I paid down the debt, before closing the account, and when I went to close it, there was a substantial charge to my account. Since I have disputed the claim on my credit report, I've received a letter telling me that they are going to sue me. I think that is crap, and even illegal.

Mike
Canton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2008 11:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-LLC/Norfolk-Virginia-23502/Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-LLC-Liars-and-scam-artists-Norfolk-Virginia-402225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC