Complaint Review: Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC

• Updated: Thu, September 10, 2009

• Reported By: Raf — New Jersey USA
Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC
P.O. Box 12914 Norfolk, Virginia United States of America

Portfolio Recovery Associates Sent me a collection letter saying I owed 2000.00 to Capital One Credit card. 1st of all I am on top of my credit & I have nothing on my credit like this & I called Capital One they have nothing also. FRAUD ALERT.... They are trying to collect on an account I NEVER EVEN HAD. Sent me a collection letter saying I owed 2000.00 to Capital One Credit card. 1st of all I am on top of my credit & I have no Norfolk, Virginia

FRAUD ALERT.... This company sent me a collections letter saying I owed nearly $2000.00 to Capital One Credit Card. First of all Thank Goodness I am on top of my credit because I know exactly what is on there & what is not.  I called Capital One Credit card they said I do not owe them that & I do not have an open account or have an account in collections with them.

I dont know what they are trying to do but if this was someone that is not on top of their credit got this in the mail that someone may send them money.

I dont understand how this comapny can do this. Something needs to be done about these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2009 06:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-LLC/Norfolk-Virginia-23541/Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-Sent-me-a-collection-letter-saying-I-owed-200000-to-Capital-492602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC