Complaint Review: Portfolio Recovery Associates

• Reported By: Karwasinski — Garland Texas
Portfolio Recovery Associates
PO Box 12914 Norfolk, Virginia USA

Portfolio Recovery Associates They seem to be hard up for cash Norfolk Virginia

I got a phone call from Porfolio Recovery Associates stating I owe a bill from Southwestern Bill from 2000. Yes, from a company that no longer exists and 14 years ago. I know I never had Southwestern Bell and I know I never lived at the address they stated the bill was from. The girl, not identifying herself nor identifying the company at first. I did not give my current address, because I do not want them harassing me through snail mail as they do via my phone number. The girl said she was going to put my account as "Refusal to Pay" because I refused to give my current address, that I have been living at for the last 12 years.

When I called Portfolio Recovery Associates back to get their physical address, they gave me a PO Box...surprise, surprise. The girl I spoke to the second time talked over me and gave me an attitude. When I asked to speak to someone, preferably a supervisior, because I didn't want to talk to someone who had an attitude or to someone who talked over me, she denied she was and transferred me to a voicemail.

This really sounds fraudulent.....and they sound pretty hard up for money...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2014 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Portfolio-Recovery-Associates/Norfolk-Virginia-23502/Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-They-seem-to-be-hard-up-for-cash-Norfolk-Virginia-1154044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Portfolio Recovery Associates