Complaint Review: Portfolio Recovery Association

• Submitted: Wed, December 03, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 03, 2008

• Reported By:Warwick Rhode Island
Portfolio Recovery Association
120 Corporate Blvd Suite 100 Norfolk, Virginia U.S.A.

Portfolio Recovery Association harassing phone calls regarding collection dated 1987 Norfolk Virginia

*Consumer Comment: You stop the calls by stop talking to them!!!

I have received several messages from Portfolio Recovery Association that states "please call 800-860-0644". I have tried to call this number to find out what this is all about to no avail. Well, I hit #69 which gave me the number to the last incoming call which was completely different from the number I was instructed to call. I called 877-803-0008 and spoke to a very rude woman named Donna who asked for the number I was calling from. She went on to tell me that they acquired an account in 2006 which is dated back to 1987. I told her she was crazy because I never had such an account.
I told her that I dispute whatever information she may have and I would appreciate her sending a packet in the mail. I also told her that I do not any marks on my credit history and she stated "Well, it's such a small amount but it is accumulating daily that it would not show on your credit report. My response to her was $50.00 deliquent will show on your credit report and do not call my house again. I hung up the phone. I do I stop these BOGUS phone calls?

Ruba528
Warwick, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2008 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Portfolio-Recovery-Association/Norfolk-Virginia-23502/Portfolio-Recovery-Association-harassing-phone-calls-regarding-collection-dated-1987-Norfo-397351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Portfolio Recovery Association

You stop the calls by stop talking to them!!!

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Start by sending them a debt validation letter.. Google it online.
Then send them a cease communications letter...

they will stop calling you!!!