interpretation

• Submitted: Thu, September 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 04, 2008

• Reported By:Hull Massachusetts
Portfolio Recovery Services
100 Corporate Boulevards Norfolk, Virginia U.S.A.

Portfolio Recovery Services harassing calls about non-existent account Norfolk Virginia

I started to receive phone messages and letters from a company called Portfolio Recovery Services a few months ago. They have mentioned a visa credit card from 1992 from a company that I'd never heard of. I also monitor my credit report, and found that they had placed a hard inquiry on my credit report. I called and spoke to someone who told me that they had every right to look at my credit report. They then asked me for more personal information, which I refused to give. I told her that since they had already looked at my credit report, then they had already accessed my personal information. I then told them that I would like to see written verification of the debt. How can they get away with these kind of tactics? I have pretty good credit, and would like to keep it that way.

Ray
Hull, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2008 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Portfolio-Recovery-Services/Norfolk-Virginia-23502/Portfolio-Recovery-Services-harassing-calls-about-non-existent-account-Norfolk-Virginia-369737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Portfolio Recovery Services