Complaint Review: Portland RV Storage

• Submitted: Thu, June 02, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: John — Portland Oregon U.S.A.
Portland RV Storage
8220 N.E. Holladay Portland, Oregon United States of America

Portland RV Storage Parkrose RV Storage If you like to keep your stuff, do not store your vehicle here. Portland, Oregon

*Consumer Comment: Stolen Property

*Consumer Comment: How LOW

Do not store anything with this company.  You run a strong risk of losing anything inside your vehicle.

We stored our RV at this facility this winter. This is a "secure and affordable" facility according to the ads. When we got there, we found you had to let them park your vehicle and leave them a key so they can move it if they must.  We left it completely locked - the doors and all outside compartment doors.

When we picked it up May 17th 2011 we were surprised.  First, we found one of our fold-up camp tables under the rear wheel instead of in the storage compartment.  On further inspection, we discovered all the outside storage compartments were unlocked and had items missing.  There was absolutely no sign of forced entry.

When we looked inside we found numerous items missing - TV, printer, stereo speakers, rugs, etc. When we tried to speak to the owner we were stonewalled.  We were told he would want to "work it out" but if we filed a police report we could talk to his attorney.  He never got in touch with us.

We wanted to file an insurance claim, but to do that we had to file a Police Report. So we did.  I assume the company will no longer - if they ever did - choose to talk to us. The Police, of course, were not helpful. "If you don't have a witness who actually saw a person taking something, we don't even have probable cause to persue.  You can always sue them."

I am not saying the company or its employees stole our goods.  However, the rig was in a locked, fenced, secure facility.  The only keys not in my possession were in the hands of the storage company. There was no sign of forced entry to any of the doors.  Draw your own conclusions.

The contract does say they are not responsible for loss or damage. Does that protect them if the unthinkable happened and their own employees may be taking things? I don't know

By the way, the company runs a second hand store on the premises.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2011 10:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Portland-RV-Storage/Portland-Oregon-97220/Portland-RV-Storage-Parkrose-RV-Storage-If-you-like-to-keep-your-stuff-do-not-store-your-736243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Portland RV Storage

Stolen Property

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I have been a loyal customer of Parkrose Rv Storage for years.  I am one of the few first customer's.  I have never had any problems with my vehicle being broken into and my things be taken out.  I have had the best experience with this company.  Obviously if they compartments were not locked when you picked up your vehicle then they weren't locked when you dropped it off.  The reason that the company parks your vehicle for is so that there is no chance of damage to your vehicle of others.  Which happened when this customer came to pick up their motor home.  They insisted on pulling it out themselves and so the owner let them and in turn they crashed into two other vehicles causing a lot of damage to both, that is why the employees are the only ones to park cars.  I am getting very tired of ex-employees pretending to be a customer and slandering this very nice and reputable company.  Obviously they have never hear of the old saying "If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all".  Some people should start thinking before they slander others.  Great job Parkrose Rv Storage!!

How LOW