Complaint Review: Posing as OSHA

• Submitted: Fri, November 09, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 09, 2012

• Reported By: Fay — Conifer Colorado U.S.A.
Posing as OSHA
Company posing as OSHA Hollywood, Florida United States of America

Posing as OSHA Pretending to be from OSHA Fraudulent attempt to collect money for "OSHA new regulation materials" Hollywood, Florida

A "representative of OSHA" called my business today, claiming that he needed to send me updated regulations and other materials from OSHA.  Seems at least possible, right?  He said he needed to confirm my full name.  I told him he should already have it, of course.  Well, he didn't.  He had a business name, a city and a zip.  That's it!  Then, the kicker...there was a bill for the materials.  An obvious fraud, but since people tend to be afraid of OSHA, it might work on some.  I told him to send me the invoice by mail, since I had no reason to believe any of what he was saying.  Wouldn't you know, he hung up!  Shocker, I know.

I called the phone number on my caller ID.  It was from Hollywood, FL, and can you believe no one answered the phone and there was no voicemail?  Don't fall for this one, business owners!!!  I have reported this information to my state Attorney General as well as the FTC.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Posing-as-OSHA/Hollywood-Florida-/Posing-as-OSHA-Pretending-to-be-from-OSHA-Fraudulent-attempt-to-collect-money-for-OSHA-ne-967099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Posing as OSHA