Complaint Review: Posters & Frames

• Submitted: Sat, November 01, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 01, 2008

• Reported By:Mission Viejo California
Posters & Frames
95 Fortune, Ste. 623 Irvine, California U.S.A.

Posters & Frames Extremely Poor Business Practice Irvine California

On Oct.1st. 2008, my husband and I went to purchase a poster we had seen in the store a few weeks prior. It was a Prefontaine runner poster we wanted for our son's 16th birthday. We were greeted by Danny, the manager/owner or whatever his position is. He told us how popular that print was and he had to order more.

Let me preface this story by saying his over enthusiasm should have been a red flag. His "yes, ma'am and no ma'ams" were over the top. He couldn't be eager to promise us he could order that poster and have it in the store within 10 days - in fact even earlier!! He told us he would call as soon as it came in.

So, we preordered it by Visa. Well, Nov.1st,(one month later), we went there to pick up our poster as we never heard from him. He seemed extremely perplexed as to why we didn't wait the 4-6 weeks as he "said." He gave us the "sirs" and the "ma'ams" all over again. He actually had the audacity to blame the economy for him not having the poster in the store!

In fact, he said it more than once as if trying to convince himself that was the truth. Let's face it, he completely forgot to order it and now was blaming the economy??! My husband was about to lose it, so I told Danny just to cancel the order. He then began to bargain telling us he could have it in by next week. I didn't acknowledge his lie.

I told him to cancel the order immediately. Again, he said that darn economy.... There is too much competition to waste your time with Posters & Frames at the Irvine Spectrum Center. I am going to get in touch with the property management to register a complaint.

Ocresident
Mission Viejo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2008 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Posters-Frames/Irvine-California-92618/Posters-Frames-Extremely-Poor-Business-Practice-Irvine-California-387049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Posters & Frames