Complaint Review: Poulsbro RV

• Reported By: Jlben — McMinnville Oregon
Poulsbro RV
Auburn, Washington USA

Poulsbro RV Beware!! Poulsbro Rv. Auburn,WA Auburn Washington

We purchased a 2003 5th wheel in Sept 2013 at the Auburn store. Our saleswoman was nice and helpful, so was the service tech that walked us through our delivery detail. The store manager made several promises that fell a long way short of good service and customer satisfaction. We were promised a 5th wheel hitch installation as part of our trailer purchase. Well... We did get a hitch... A low cost, entry level hitch that really shouldn't have been installed in a short box Ford 350 trying to pull a 37' ft fifth wheel. A "slider hitch" should have been installed to assist in cornering and backing this trailer up. When I asked about this at delivery I was told it was "no big deal" and there was plenty of clearance. This just isn't true! I've had at least 4 other RV shops tell me it's the wrong hitch for the size trailer and truck I have and it's VERY limited on cornering and unable to back into even a slightly tight spot.

I trusted their input at Poulsbro and their expertise. Big mistake! In addition, the awning on the trailer had several tears and holes in it. The manager agreed to replace it before delivery. Upon delivery day it was only taped up and I was told that this was customary when fixing an awning. They told be the tape would last for years. I asked why it wasn't replaced and was told that the manager wouldn't authorize it. We had driven over 200 miles to pick up the trailer and spent the night in a hotel and all the next day on the delivery. I didn't feel like arguing with them but felt taken advantage of and lied too.

Basically, it feels like this manager would tell us anything to get the sale and then once your name is on the dotted line.... All bets are off. It's been 3 weeks now since the delivery and there was never a follow up customer satisfaction call or any further communication from anyone. I even had to follow up with them about the licensing delays and paperwork. They promised to call me back on it and nothing happened.

By the way.. We took the trailer out this weekend. The first time I rolled out the awning it ripped and the tape peeled of in the rain. This was the repair job they did in lieu of replacement that was supposed to last "for years"!

My thoughts are... I will never buy from an out of state dealer again, I won't deal with Poulsbro, and I won't be foolish enough to take the word of a dealership again assuming because they are professionals they will do the right thing for their customers.

Buyer beware of Poulsbro RV in Auburn, WA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2013 01:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poulsbro-RV-/Auburn-Washington/Poulsbro-RV-Beware-Poulsbro-Rv-AuburnWA-Auburn-Washington-1087698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poulsbro RV