Complaint Review: Powder River Taxidermy & Tannery

• Submitted: Mon, October 08, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, October 09, 2007

• Reported By:Sterling Heights Michigan
Powder River Taxidermy & Tannery
HWY 212 708 S. Park, Box 693 Broadus, Montana U.S.A.
  • Phone: 406-436-2393
  • Web:
  • Category: Taxidermy

Powder River Taxidermy & Tannery Broadus, MT Taxidermist Ripoff. Received doe shoulder mount in place of original buck Broadus Montana

*Author of original report: Powder River Taxidermy & Tannery Broadus, MT Taxidermist Ripoff. Received doe shoulder mount in place of original buck

Shot my first and possibly my last mule deer stag in the town of Broadus, MT last fall. In case nobody is familiar with a stag, it is a mule deer buck that has not fully developed and was in full velvet. The animal was taken to Powder River Taxidermy & Tannery to have taxidermy work done on him. My original contract was for a full tanned hide and a European mount. The stag was taken to the processor by the request of the taxidermist since they did not want to cape the animal. It was quite obvious that this deer was in velvet and was seen prior to taking it to the processor. When we returned to the taxidermist to fill out the paper work I was told that the European mount would be next to impossible to produce and they would have a very difficult time with it. At this point I was not sure how to handle this because the deer had already been processed. Although, if the taxidermist had informed me of this issue before taking him to the processer all of this could have been avoided. It would have also been in my best interest to have the taxidermist cape the animal. For what ever reason they did not. It was decided by me to have a shoulder mount done in place of the European mount. The taxidermist was contacted to find out if he had my cape to have a shoulder mount done in place of the European mount. His answer was yes and they would change the contract to have a shoulder mount done. Well, needless to say the mount was shipped to me this month and it was obviously not the right animal which the taxidermist used for my mount. The hide which he used looks to be that of a doe and not even a buck. The processor would also be partly responsible since they did not supply the taxidermist with the correct hide. If been in contact with the taxidermist and they seem to belive that this mix up is not their fault and want to blame it on me. Still have not received my final invoice from the company. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them. Getting to big for their britches and hiring young inexperienced staff to do supposedly commercial grade taxidermy.

Mike
Sterling Heights, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2007 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Powder-River-Taxidermy-Tannery/Broadus-Montana-59317/Powder-River-Taxidermy-Tannery-Broadus-MT-Taxidermist-Ripoff-Received-doe-shoulder-mou-277813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Powder River Taxidermy & Tannery

AUTHOR: Taxidermy ripoff - (U.S.A.)

the contract to have a shoulder mount done.

Well, needless to say the mount was shipped to me this month and it was obviously not the right animal which the taxidermist used for my mount. The hide which he used looks to be that of a mule deer doe and not even a buck. The processor would also be partly responsible since they did not supply the taxidermist with the correct hide. I've contacted the taxidermist and they seem to belive that this mix up is not their fault and want to blame it on me. Still have not received my final invoice from the company and they have been avoiding me. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them. Getting to big for their britches and hiring young inexperienced staff to do supposedly commercial grade taxidermy.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC