Complaint Review: Power Home Technologies

• Submitted: Tue, June 30, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 25, 2011

• Reported By:Charleston South Carolina
Power Home Technologies
Charleston, Sc Nationwide U.S.A.

Power Home Technologies Crooks Lied and cheated an old man, Every word was a lie. Now I have two companies charging me monthly for the same thing! Charleston South Carolina

*General Comment: Inappropriate Response

*UPDATE Employee: Im Sorry For Your Situation

I was solicited by Power Home Technologies last year. A young man knocked on my door, said he was Russ, that he was doing an inspection on my alarm and he was going to give me a free warranty. I told him my alarm was fine and nothing was free. He assured me that he was just going to look at my alarm and it wouldn't cost nothing. I finally agreed just to get rid of him. Before it was over he told me I had to sign the papers showing he had looked at my alarm and if I did he would lower my alarm fee by 10 dollars a month.

The next day a man came by to hook up my alarm. I told him that I already had one. He said that was OK he would just check it. I told him Russ checked it yesterday. He said OK. He said to sign and he would leave. He changed the sign in the yard. The alarm still worked so if I save 10 dollars OK.

Then I got a bill from Power Home Technology like Russ told me it was 10 dollars less. I also got a bill from my old alarm company. I thought it was a mistake I thought they were the same. Then I got a letter from the old alarm company saying they would make my credit bad if I didn't pay. I called and they said I still was in contract with them. Then I called Russ, he told me not to worry but I was. I called and talked to the manager he said he would call me back. I called again mad, he said he would find out and call me back. I called again he said he was going to talk to Russ and call me back. I called again he said Russ was no longer with the company but he would help me.

My alarm still works but now I have two bills instead of one. Both companies expect me to pay. This has got to be illeagal but I don't know where to go next.

Mike
Charleston, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2009 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Power-Home-Technologies/nationwide/Power-Home-Technologies-Crooks-Lied-and-cheated-an-old-man-Every-word-was-a-lie-Now-I-ha-466551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Power Home Technologies

#1 General Comment

Inappropriate Response

AUTHOR: AlabamaGirl - ()

Very unprofessional response! It is very unfortunate that a trusting old man took someone at their word and now has to spend his social security check paying for a scam that some little twit was able to pull off...sad, indeed!!

Im Sorry For Your Situation

AUTHOR: Javin - (United States of America)

First of all lets be honest. Anyone who signs any document without reading it first has no one to blame but themselves. All security alarm providers have an at least three year contract. If you told him you were still under contract he should of thanked you for your time and left you info to have handy. Obviously he was not your same provider and I dont see the logic behind you signing any paper work with another provider.Again I am sorry for the story you have told. A lesson well learned.