Complaint Review: Power Muffler and Brakes

• Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: Jim — 91016 California
Power Muffler and Brakes
808 E. Huntington Drive Suite B Monrovia, California United States of America

Power Muffler and Brakes Incorrect Work, Damaged Car, Argumentative Staff, Gougers, Charged to Repair Damages. Monrovia, California

OVERPRICED!!! GOUGERS!!! The mediocre work that they did they would not stand behind.  Had to take a day off of work to get this fixed.

Overcharged $180 for pipe work, Argumentative,  tried to make me feel like I didn't know cars.  The X-Pipe was not centered which was incorrect, told to me from another shop.

When they were done with the work they said the reason it did not come out the way that I wanted it was because my car was "too old," and "too low."

They also broke my inside door handle and threw the part at me and told me to fix it myself.  I refused.  Got estimates to repair all work, including pipes and handle that they broke, and had to call them one more time.  They fixed the door and charged me AGAIN for a hanger on the exhaust.

I have never been so disappointed, angered and the amount of money that they charged me should have been for a PERFECT job and I got substandard work.

There was NO customer service, when I complained I was verbally bullied and  argumentative.  "If you don't like the work we can cut this out and give you your old stuff back."  Toted the manager David.

Save your money stay away!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Power-Muffler-and-Brakes/Monrovia-California-91016/Power-Muffler-and-Brakes-Incorrect-Work-Damaged-Car-Argumentative-Staff-Gougers-Charg-1043515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Power Muffler and Brakes