Complaint Review: Power Places Tours

• Updated: Thu, September 19, 2013

• Reported By: Free — Madrid Other
Power Places Tours
6755 Earl Dr Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

Power Places Tours An unethical and unscrupulous company Colorado Springs Colorado

*Author of original report: Official Website Admin Correction

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Questionable integrity

This company specializes in tours to Sacred Sites worldwide - often featuring world famous author and speaker Gregg Braden

Behind the scenes - this company is extremely unethical, supports criminals, disregards traveller safety and harasses those who speak up against their practices. This company turns a blind eye to behaviour such as peodophilia, people issuing death threats and the like - often putting profit and money before common sense ethics. If you have a concern on one of their tours - in their words - 'if you say anything out of place we can escort you off the tour and send you home without refund'.

Speakers would be advised not to sign up for their programs - and are often misled by promises of large amounts of workshop time - to be whittled down closer to the time. Travellers can be misled with regard hidden charges, contracts are legally questionable - as already ruled in a court http://www.organizedwisdom.com/judge-orders-power-places-tours-to-refund-our-money-good-vibe-blog/7906045/nxi/med

However - there is more. Speaker Free Spirit was to attend with his wife and received death threats from a convicted peodophile associated with one of the other speakers. His concerns were quickly suppressed and instead was ordered to remain quiet to avoid being removed from the tour. Power Places Tours refused to address these safety concerns - despite the country in question being Mexico (a country notorious for violence and crime). Instead Power Places Tours harassed Free Spirit to remain quiet before and after the event, insinuated he was a big baby and threatened to sue for libel and defamation.

Free Spirit spent several months collecting evidence and challenged Power Places Tours to sue him. As yet - months after - they have declined to initiate a lawsuit. Truth is a defense for libel. Free Spirit chose not to speak at the Yucatan in 2012 out of self respect - quoting serious ethical, moral and safety concerns, the suppression of free speech as well as the management of Power Places Tours turning a blind eye to serious criminal deeds including peodophilia and threats to kill. He also withdrew based on the poor attitude shown toward his wife. Despite being presented with concerns before the event - Power Places Tours did nothing but to have Richard regularly phone and babble on about spiritual lessons. Theresa Weiss threatened him with a libel case.  The attitude and ethics of the company made it impossible for Free Spirit to present.

Later in 2013 Free Spirit received more threats - being told that 'very bad things' would happen if the blogs and videos were not taken down. He intercepted an attempt to hack his website and his Linked In Profile.

Free Spirit went public to inform others about the lack of ethics within Power Places Tours and as yet has not been challenged with any lawsuit. He also asked Gregg Braden and his press office to comment - and no response was ever received.

Free Spirit also made attempts to resolve the matter amicably including asking for a refund for him and his wife and no resolution was ever found. In June 2013 Free Spirit received legal counsel in several countries and was advised to continue speaking if he so chose about the matter - and to ask Power Places Tours again to initiate a lawsuit.

In September 2013 - Free Spirit received some leaked emails alluding to serious ethical concerns from an employee.

From: Richard Rodgers <cubensis@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Subject: Re: Power Places Tours Ongoing
To: Jeannette Maw <jmaw@goodvibecoach.com>

Thanks for sending me this update. I checked your site again only yesterday to see if there was any news.
As shocking as this turn of events is, I cannot say that I am surprised. In fact, I will admit to doing some work for them, so I am in a strange position. I must say that the details of this incident, and the handling thereof give me pause and cause me to reconsider my limited association with PPT.

I have travelled with them four times, and have seen some behind the scenes scenarios that make me question the integrity of working for them at all in any context. I am not currently in a position to slip you any gory details, but let's just say that some aspects of "New Age" business are just as questionable as mainstream, if not heavier on the snake oil.

Sorry to hear about how this all turned out, and I tip my hat to your example of honesty and tenacity. If I can see any good coming from giving you more details, I will let you know. I am not in a position to be taken to court and fined these days, but at least I can choose who I associate with. I'm on your side....
Sincerely,
R.R.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2013 06:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Power-Places-Tours/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80918/Power-Places-Tours-An-unethical-and-unscrupulous-company-Colorado-Springs-Colorado-1085715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Power Places Tours

Official Website Admin Correction

AUTHOR: Free - ()

Change of official website address for Power Places Tours.

Their official website is WWW.POWERPLACES.COM

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Questionable integrity

AUTHOR: Richard Rodgers - ()

Sincerely,