Complaint Review: Power4home

• Reported By: UK2CA2SD — Vivian South Dakota United States of America
Power4home
855 Village Center Dr #386 Internet, Minnesota United States of America

Power4home Power4home Ripoff - but I got my money back! Internet, Minnesota

Like the other filers I got a solicitation for alternative energy solutions.  Sounded real good - DVDs plus books.  OK'd a charge to my Credit Card and after a while got a DVD, no books.  Watched the DVD.  Really amateur, cheesy detailed instructions on how to build your own Solar Panel and Wind Generator.  I emailed Power4Home and said I wanted to start with "big picture" - how much capacity I needed, number of batteries, switchover etc.  Even where I would get components for the Panels and generator and when I would get the books.

Got a boilerplate reply and a link the online "books".  The Online books were even more cheesy.  For example, how to build a wooden box to hold the Inverters!  (What about fire risk).

I emailed back and said I sensed a scam and wanted my money back and if necessary that I would dispute the charge.  Got a reply that the owners were on Vacation and they would get back to me on their return - which they did not do.

Googled Power4Home Scam and found this site plus the BBB site that said that even though Power4Home claimed to be BBB approved they got an F from BBB who had over 50 complaints.

I filed a dispute with HSBC and after jumping through some loops they connecvted me to CLICKBAK who agreed to refund the charge.  I now have a DVD that I can use as a coaster!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 06:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Power4home/Internet-Minnesota-55127/Power4home-Power4home-Ripoff-but-I-got-my-money-back-Internet-Minnesota-951142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Power4home