Complaint Review: PowerHouse Gym

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2008

• Reported By:Bensalem Florida
PowerHouse Gym
141 N.W. 20th St. Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

PowerHouse Gym Refuses to cancel y month to month membership and continues to charge me Boca Raton Florida

I have had a month to month membership with this gym for over 2 years. I filled out the cancellation paperwork on 06/07/2008, before moving 1200 miles away on 06/13/2008. The gentleman I gave the paperwork to said I was all set and after the June debit they would not be taking anymore payments, he did not offer me a copy of the cancellation letter. I was charged my June dues on 06/15/2008 and had no problem with that. Then I was charged again on on 07/15. When I called the manager he was very rude to me and said he did not have time to look into it. He seemed to be aggravated by the fact that I would not allow him to brush me off. After serveral calls he finally said he would look into and call me back in an hour. He never called me back. When my husband called back they were now claiming they never received a cancellation letter and I had two options. THe first was they would cancel me out today and I would not be charged for August. Or they could force me to send a certified letter and due to the 30 day rule in the cotract I would still be charged for August, getting the money they debited on 07/15 was not an option. The manager made it very clear that if I continued to annoy him option one would no be longer available. When I asked for proof that they were going to cancel me today, he said he would send me an e-mail which I am still waiting on. I truely think the only way they are going to stop debiting my account is if I close the one I currently have. In short, the management and owners in that gym are a bunch of theives.

Tiffany
Bensalem, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2008 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PowerHouse-Gym/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/PowerHouse-Gym-Refuses-to-cancel-y-month-to-month-membership-and-continues-to-charge-me-Bo-352493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PowerHouse Gym