Complaint Review: PowerNet Global

• Submitted: Sun, February 11, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, February 11, 2007

• Reported By:Melbourne Florida
PowerNet Global
100 Commercial Drive Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

PowerNet Global Added FCC charges one year after account cancellation Ripoff Cincinnati Ohio

I tried PowerNet Global as a landline provider, thinking (incorrectly thinking) this service would save money. After learning they actually cost more than BellSouth, I switched to another carrier.

Nearly a year later, I was receiving these retroactive "Telecommunications Infrastructure Fees" because
PNG said "I never cancelled my account!" I suppose stopping service, switching to another carrier, and not using PNG for nearly a year does not mean I officially cancelled my account?

Well, after fighting with their cistomer no-service dept. I filed a complaint with the FCC and they resolved the issue. In addition PNG sent me a refund!

If these scumbags ripped you off too, contact:

Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street SW 4-C763
Washington DC 20554

John
Melbourne, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2007 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PowerNet-Global/Cincinnati-Ohio-45014/PowerNet-Global-Added-FCC-charges-one-year-after-account-cancellation-Ripoff-Cincinnati-Oh-235579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PowerNet Global