Complaint Review: PowerSeller

• Submitted: Sat, February 21, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 23, 2009

• Reported By:des moines Washington
PowerSeller
www.powersellernyc.com New York, New York U.S.A.

Power Seller Nyc Bait and switch, deceptive practices New York New York

*Author of original report: ok, here's what really happened!!!!!

In todays world, I understand there is a tradeoff hence a cheaper price can mean you are trading customer service for that wholesale experience. What shouldn't happen are bait and switches to earn your business. PowersellerNYC came up on the search list of wholesalers that offer a projector that I am looking to purchase for my office. After selecting the one I wanted and entering all my credit card information, etc into the order form for powersellernyc I was assigned a customer number. 5 days went by and no email, no shipping information, nothing. I called the company and a VERY rude operator answered and asked if I got their email. No was my answer so the operator tells me that he is sending another email (after he confirmed my email) and that my order would be processed after I received the email. As soon as the operator told me this information he HUNG UP on me immediately. Wow, way to care for a customer trying to spend 900.00 with your company! I got the email he sent which tells me they didnt send the first one as the follow up email had no problem arriving. IF it was being flagged as spam it too would have met the same demise the first had. Anyway, in the email it states the following:
"Thank you for placing an order with PowersellerNYC. Please Call David Gallagher at 866-898-1089 , extension 103. in order to confirm your information, and to ensure prompt delivery and top quality service of your order. Confirmation of your order is required via phone, as there is information from the Manufacturer(s) that we are required to notify you of prior to shipping."

Did you read the very last sentence? I've never encountered this before in the thousands of online transactions I've made. If there was a positive situation that applied to my purchase it would have been noted as a sales point in the advertisement I would have read in my decision to purchase from the company. This message means one of the following: The product is a refurbished item, is an open box item, is a used item, does not qualify for the manufacturer warranty or the warranty period has already begun prior to my purchase. NONE OF WHICH ARE ACCEPTABLE when they advertised their product as new to compete with the other products online that are new. Please keep in mind that I have purchased refurbished products many times before and almost prefer to purchase them as I've never had any problem with a refurbished item. Dishonest business advertising is a major issue with me along with the fact that I needed this projector for business use asap. I didnt have time to screw around with rude operators and then play around with what ever "slight of hand" dishonesty they wanted to put me through to be compliant with their suppliers. Just goes to prove that the best price isnt the best deal.
Funny item, Costco offers the exact item for 4.00 more. I have to pay sales tax however if I need to return it (purchased from their online only) I can take to any US warehouse Costco location for a full refund. No return shipping costs to me! Also, I received a free 72" projector screen with my order and paid 13.00 shipping for a 14lb order (projector AND screen!) A good deal!

Rhinogear
des moines, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2009 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PowerSeller/New-York-New-York/Power-Seller-Nyc-Bait-and-switch-deceptive-practices-New-York-New-York-426900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PowerSeller

ok, here's what really happened!!!!!

AUTHOR: Rhinogear - (U.S.A.)

In todays world there are people that dont care about their job what so ever and it shows when they are in a point of contact with the public. The operator that initially answered my call that was RUDE is the problem, not the company. I called to formally cancel this order and was transferred to apparently a manager. He was very interested in what the issue at hand was and he looked up my account, found the party that had answered the phone initially and apologized for that individuals unacceptable behavior. He went as far as to invite me to call him personally the next time I needed to make a purchase if I would consider purchasing from his company and that he would doubly make sure I received the customer service one should when spending 900.00. The company also cares enough about their reputation as they referenced this website's posting that I had initially left! That was in the span of about 2 days. Obviously the company is concerned about customer service and is taking the appropriate steps to correct for the previous happenings. They have taken care of my concerns and after concluding with myself on the phone were on their way to take care of the employee that is dis interested in taking care of the companies customers. If poor customer service isnt' pointed out it cant be corrected.
As for the concern I had about why the needed to contact me prior to shipping they have a reasonable answer for that also.

To the customer considering this company: Definitely recommend purchasing from this company.
To the manager James that handled the problem: thank you!

To the dis-interested operator that initiated the entire problem: I hope you are able to learn that you only get what you give in life. Your employment and happiness will stabilize when you adopt this theory.