- Report: #960862
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Powerhome Technologies
Powerhome Technologies267 A Treeland Dr Charleston, South Carolina United States of America
Powerhome Technologies Monotronics Improperly signed contract, not aloowing SCRA act to release service member from contract, system not monitored properly Charleston, South Carolina
After I returned we received orders and after my school I was given PCS orders. We contacted everyone to shut off our present bills. I was told I was not allowed out of my security system because they dont abide by the SCRA act set in place to protect servicemen and women from companies taking advantage of our deployment cycle and relocating due to orders. I told them the situation and they did not care and were very rude on the phone. I informed them that the contract was probably not binding because it was illegally signed. They then put me on the phone with the Vice President of the company. I pleaded my case and it did not faze him. He was not unpleasant but did not care. He stated the same about not abiding by the SCRA act and that even though the contract was legally signed by me that my wife was still legal. I told him the contract was probably null and void. He pointed out that he had 1500 dollars of equipment in my house (however, I do not believe it cost anywhere near that but I have done no research on the equipment itself) and was not letting me out of the contract regardless of where the military moved me. I informed him I was contacting the legal department and having them look into it.
A few days later someone contacted me and said that Powerhome Technologies was incorrect and they were going to resolve the situation. I did not get that persons name but I ceased to be billed for the security system. However, I recently received a notice that we were delinquent on our bill and had to pay it or we would be reported. I was baffled because the bill was a direct pay and they are the ones who stopped taking it out, we did not stop paying them. My wife contacted them about it and said the customer service lady in her opinion was snooty. She also said she was not concerned with the situation and we had to pay in one month or we would be reported to the credit bureau. My wife and I have great credit and did not want to affect it but we did not want to pay them for the system we werent using. We decide to contact the legal department again but before we could they docked our pay for the bill out of nowhere.
I would also like to add that the system does not work well. I set it off two or three times after I returned from Afghanistan. I never got a phone call or anything. If they actually were monitoring my house they should have called to confirm why the alarm was set off. This has always been the case with every other alarm system I have any experience with. Also, I know ADT lets military members out of their contracts.
1. Powerhome Technologies preyed on my wife and took advantage of me being deployed.
2. Powerhome Technologies should train their employees on informing the consumer correctly and not to lie to get a sale. In addition to training them on how to legally obtain a signature from a deployed Marine.
3. Powerhome Technologies should ensure they properly monitor the expensive system they sale to consumers by checking up on them after the alarm is set off.
4. Powerhome Technologies should be more understanding and helpful dealing with customer service especially if they are going to go against the grain and not allow Military Members out of contracts when they HAVE to move due to orders.
5. Powerhome Technologies should not take advantage of a deployed Service Members spouses in order to make one contract. Allowing Men and women in uniform out of their contract due to a Permanent Change of Station move should not bankrupt the company and if it does they need to find another way to do business.
I find this insulting and offensive the way Powerhome Technologies has handled this and so have a few others. Here are a few links to point this out:
If you disagree with the way we and other Military Members have been treated by Powerhome Technologies please repost this where you can. Also pass this along to anyone you know that may be thinking about a security system who is in the Military.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2012 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Powerhome-Technologies/Charleston-South-Carolina-29456/Powerhome-Technologies-Monotronics-Improperly-signed-contract-not-aloowing-SCRA-act-to-re-960862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.