- Report: #1125546
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Powerhouse Cars International
Powerhouse Cars International433 Lewiston Road Dayton, Ohio USA
Powerhouse Cars International Tom Harting Total Misrepresentation and Failure to Execute on Agreements Dayton Ohio
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Clients remarks about Power House cars
*Author of original report: Please Tom, admit you are not honest
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Power House cars / Tom Harting
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: THIS IS THE CAR THAT HOWARD WAS IN QUESTION ABOUT
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: OWNER OF POWER HOUSE CARS
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: RIP OFF REPORT HAS RIPPED ME OFF!!! *Comment from Ripoff Report: in order to set the record straight, Ripoff Report has filed a Rebuttal, to this Rebuttal. Please look for that information to get both sides of the story”
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Howard You made the trade,what you state is a pack of lies.
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Power House Cars
*Author of original report: I stand by the facts I submitted
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Power House Cars
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: howard
*REBUTTAL Individual responds: 1933 Vicky trade
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
In December of 2013 I enquired about a vehicle that was listed at the Website powerhousecarsint.com and after two months of negotiation and assurance from the supposed "Business Owner" I can now unfortunately attest to this being the most crooked outfit I have dealt with since buying my first car in 1959...yes...1959.
Here are the quick facts (for those how do not want to read the details).
- This is not a dealership
- It is not a business
- There is no business checking account or other banking relationship
- There is no Ohio dealers license
- There is no Ohio business license or TAX ID (a full report is in transit to the Ohio Department of Revenue
- Mr. Harting made mutiple statements that are totally untrue
- Mr. Harting is unresponsive to all requests for discussion, will not take a phone call
- Mr. Harting is unresponsive to requested mediation
- Damages amount to over $6,000.00
- Even his voice mail greeting is not factual: There is no "WE" in Powerhouse Cars International
Do not let his website fool you.
The transaction in question involved a car on Consignment to Mr. Harting and represented by Mr. Harting with a glowing discripton and somewhat shoddy photography on the website that was uncovered in a google search for a particular type of hotrod.
The first indicaiton that this was going to go badly was the mileage on the car. On the website the car was represented as having 2202 miles on the odometer. When it arrived it had 5503.
In that I have been buying, selling and trading cars with other collectors over the years I thought Mr. Harting was a "car guy" and one who could be trusted. On numberous occasions I asked him the following questions:
- How current are the photographs?
- Are their any scratches, swirl marks or paint chips
- How is the undercarriage
- What does the car need
- How does it run out
- Are their any known issues
- How are the tires?
- Does anything leak
- Have you personally inspected the car and will you do so before an agreement is reached?
So my findings:
- Not possible to tell how old the photo shoot was but it was 3,000 miles ago and in hot rodding that is years
- Not only are their scratches but their are cracks in the fiberglass body gel coat
- The under carriage is an oil slick requiring two full days of tedious detailing
- The car needs:
- Three Stromberg Carburators rebuilt
- Was told it was low on brake fluid; it would not stop and the Master was defective and needing replacement.
- The progressive shift linkage replaced - the only operational carb is the center carb
- Their is no way to apply necessary pressure to the transmission TV Cable
- Oil is leaking from both the front and rear main seals
- Oil is leaking from the Oil Filter Fittings
- The engine compartment was an oil slick
- There is no VIN number anywhere on the vehicle
- It does not run out. The car does not shift from third into overdrive, the front and rear carbs are dumping gas and cannot be controled and the steering box is loose.
- Obviously these issues were known
- And the tires: Date code on the rear tires is 2002 and on the front tires 2003. The tires have tread but are hard as rocks. (Would you let your wife ride in a car with 11 and 12 year old tires?
- If it has bodily fluid it leaks
- I was told he went out to the owners home and check the car out completely...is that possible
I traded a pristine 1940 Ford that was totally perfect and professionally inspected and documented. I gave the owner CASH on delivery for delivery fees, mileage, the broker fee to Powerhouse cars and for the cash difference.
So there you have it and with the power of social media I will do everything in my Power to insure none of my brothers and sisters in the car hobby are riped off. Maybe he needs to change the name to PowerHOSING Cars?
Again, beware. This guy is a sham.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Powerhouse-Cars-International/Dayton-Ohio-45429/Powerhouse-Cars-International-Tom-Harting-Total-Misrepresentation-and-Failure-to-Execute-1125546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.