reflects

• Updated: Sun, November 08, 2009

• Reported By: Nikki — Elk Grove California USA
Powerhouse Gym #1766
8771 Elk Grove Blvd Elk Grove, California United States of America

Powerhouse Gym #1766 They take your money, keep on taking your money, and don't want to give it back! Elk Grove, California

*Author of original report: Powerhouse Gym Makes Good!

I went into Powerhouse Gym in early August 2009 and filled out a cancellation form to cancel my two memberships that were on auto pay. But in September, Powerhouse Gym still withdrew funds from my account for both memberships, which also incurred two overdraft charges.

To date, I have gone into the gym four times (and called them numerous times as well) and first I was told they couldn't find my original paperwork cancelling my memberships. Then Josanne, the new bookkeeper told me to fill out a new cancellation form, but date it Aug. 1st and she would re-submit it to the billing company so I could be refunded my money. The next time I went in to check on the progress of my claim, she told me that she has phoned and sent several e-mails to "corporate" trying to see where my claim stands, and they haven't responded back to her, and that the billing company told her they couldn't back-date my cancellation form, they could only process it using the date it was received.

Now the story I get from her is that corporate will definitely refund the two membership fees, but not the overdraft charges. I then mentioned that nothing personal, but if that was the case, I would take Powerhouse Gym to small claims court for the refund of the overdraft charges. I then asked for the contact information of the owners, and Ivan (the gym thug) stepped up and told me that they were not authorized to give me that information. So I left, and two weeks later, (surprise, surprise) still no check.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2009 10:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Powerhouse-Gym-1766/Elk-Grove-California-95624/Powerhouse-Gym-1766-They-take-your-money-keep-on-taking-your-money-and-dont-want-to-g-512509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Powerhouse Gym #1766

Powerhouse Gym Makes Good!

AUTHOR: Nikki - (USA)

Update:  I felt I was getting the runaround and didn't think I would ever see that money again. But I was wrong. They have fully redeemed themselves in my eyes, and I want to set the record straight. The new office accounting person stepped into a big mess left by the previous owner(s)/employee(s) and is now trying her best to sort through the accounting nightmare and set things in order and set issues right with previous (and/or) current members. After a month and half, the gym has credited my account for both the membership dues AND the overdraft charges!

Thank you Powerhouse Gym, and especially Josanne!