Complaint Review: Powerhouse Gym And Paramount Acceptance

• Submitted: Sun, May 03, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, May 03, 2009

• Reported By:Elk Grove California
Powerhouse Gym And Paramount Acceptance
4725 S Holladay BL, Salt Lake City UTAH Elk Grove, California U.S.A.

Powerhouse Gym And Paramount Acceptance, Powerhouse refuses to cancel contract and Paramount Acceptance wants to keep BILLING YOU!! Elk Grove California

*Author of original report: PowerHouse Gym and Paramount Acceptance

In December 2008 my husband and I signed a contract with Powerhouse Gym, formerly Foothill Gym. We were told several times since I had a bad experience with Foothill Gym we could cancel anytime and give them a 30 day notice. I tried doing that on March 14, 2009 I went to PowerHouse and signed the cancellation form. I told the front counter person that if they tried to use my debit card again it would not go through since that card was cancelled because the card numbers were used by someone in the clearing house.

Now I get a letter from Paramount Acceptance dated 4/28/09 stating after several attempts at trying to use my debit card and getting insufficent funds they we no longer be able to processing automatic payments for my membership. THE DAM CARD WAS CANCELLED. Now there will be additional montly charges as provided by your contract.

Now they are demanding $55.00 immediately to prevent the need for further collection activity.

The employee's at Powerhouse do not know what they are doing. The are not very professional in the way they conduct business.

Powerhouse Gym has failed to provide the customer the hours they claimed they would be opened. They are in danger of closing because they don't have enough people.

PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THESE 2 COMPANIES.

Jenny
Elk Grove, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2009 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Powerhouse-Gym-And-Paramount-Acceptance/Elk-Grove-California-95624/Powerhouse-Gym-And-Paramount-Acceptance-Powerhouse-refuses-to-cancel-contract-and-Paramou-448457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Powerhouse Gym And Paramount Acceptance

AUTHOR: Jenny - (U.S.A.)

We were told when we signed up the 45.00 montly fee was broken down as so: 25.00 for me and 20.00 for my husband. Since we signed up together that was the break we were getting.