Complaint Review: Powerhouse Gym

• Submitted: Thu, July 21, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, August 14, 2005

• Reported By:Kokomo Indiana
Powerhouse Gym
3040 S Lafountain Kokomo, Indiana U.S.A.

Powerhouse Gym ripoff Kokomo Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Powerhouse Did Stop the Monthly Withdrawals

*Consumer Comment: Another easy one He was legal enough to sign the agreement

My teenager was coerced to sign a one year contract at Powerhouse. They should not take a contract from anyone under 21!! They assured him if he had a good reason they would let him out. He has since gone several states away and so far has not bothered to send proof of his new residency.

In the meantime, I'm stuck with this monthly bill. My husband has called, I have gone in and asked to speak with a manager, and I have written the owner, Chad. Without a little piece of paper they will not let us out of the contract. I asked if a picture of the empty bedroom would work??

I will be closing the account they are taking their money from. Chad is aware of this. I offered to pay a settle up amount and I still have not heard anything. I would caution anyone thinking of signing their 'easy to get out of' contract. They will end up taking the teenager to a collection agency and maybe several years down the road he'll want to buy a house and have to pay it off.

In the meantime, they have alienated yet another family and refused to come to some sort of compromise. I will share their SOR$$RY' can't help you and lack of communication from the owner with whomever will listen while they go to their merry way to report yet another to a collection agency instead of working out a fair solution with me. What a system!

Malinda
Kokomo, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2005 04:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Powerhouse-Gym/Kokomo-Indiana-46902/Powerhouse-Gym-ripoff-Kokomo-Indiana-150652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Powerhouse Gym

Powerhouse Did Stop the Monthly Withdrawals

AUTHOR: Malinda - (U.S.A.)

I never did get a response from my letter to the gym or from this website about the complaint, but the withdrawals did stop. Someone must have listened. I feel it's a shame companies are so uninclined to listen. As for Robert who responded, yes he's lazy.. but he did NOT have any documentation saying he was in a different state. What would you have done? Continue to pay until your checking account was empty? Strange you had no constructive advice, just a smart-aleck observation. You must own a Powerhouse gym? I am glad it's over and I will continue to warn people about signing contracts.

Another easy one He was legal enough to sign the agreement

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Your "teenager" appears to be 18+. He was legal enough to sign the agreement. He is also just plain lazy. How much effort does it take to mail proof of his new address to the gym? I can't imagine why taking a picture of an empty room wouldn't work? Maybe I could take a picture of my empty driveway and tell the bank and the cops and the insurance company it's been stolen. They should believe it, right?