Complaint Review: Powerhouse Training

• Updated: Fri, April 02, 2010

• Reported By: Misty — Pensacola Florida United States of America
Powerhouse Training
6933 N 9th Ave Pensacola, Florida United States of America

Powerhouse Training Custom Built Unauthorized Charges to my credit card, totaling $500, and corporate representative unwilling to help Pensacola Florida

I signed up for personal training last November, whereby I paid my start up fee and received my contract. In my contract it states in large writing that my first transaction of $200 will be deducted November 2008 and my last October 2009. My trainer and I were both aware that my sessions were coming to an end and I would not be continuing as I was getting married November 2009 and had moved out of the area. I have since joined another gym, which by the way is the best in town. (Perdido Key Health Club) I had my husband check our bank statement in November to make sure there was no charge to our credt card, which there was not. I know it is always a good idea to make sure the company does not keep charging your card once your contract is over. I recently discovered that they began charging my card again in December 2009, in the amount of $100. This charged reoccurred every month to date. (Total amount $400) I immediately called the gym and they were unable to assist me and gave me the corporate office number. The person whom I had spoken with at corporate office was unwilling to help me and did not care about my situation. He was rude and nonchalant about my dilemma, and began getting very hasty with me. I said 1 curse word (@$$) and he immediately hung up on me. I am an upset customer, and if he would have been willing to help, I would have not got to the point of being upset. I did call back and got the same response, unwillingness to help and they pointed out some verrrryyyy tiny fine print that says it will auto renew. The problem is, I do not live in the area, nor do I have a gym membership at Powerhouse anymore, so I am unable to use these sessions. I plan to dispute it with my credit card company and file a complaint with the better business bureau. I think that it is important for consumers to know what to expect from a company they are doing business with, before they sign up. I would like to add one more thing, after the thousands of dollars I spent on training sessions this company didnt have 44 cents to send me a letter with a reminder about this tiny print clause..  And They say the renewal is a convenience, but in fact they just want to trick people out of their money. If I were a consumer planning to use Custom Built as their training service, please remember to send in a letter months in advance if you plan to cancel your membership. There is fine print and just because they large writing states your payments will end at a certain time, they in fact DO NOT.

(side note: I have no dissatisfaction with the service from my trainer)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2010 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Powerhouse-Training/Pensacola-Florida-32503/Powerhouse-Training-Custom-Built-Unauthorized-Charges-to-my-credit-card-totaling-500-588752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Powerhouse Training