Complaint Review: Powerhouse gym

• Submitted: Wed, December 11, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, July 06, 2004

• Reported By:Tipton Indiana
Powerhouse gym
3040 s Lafountain Kokomo, Indiana U.S.A.

Powerhouse gym uncooperative ripoff abused & mistreated Kokomo Indiana

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Did you ever talk with the owner

Ok here is my story.

I went to this gym in the next town hoping to get into better shape as i am on disability. I go in and everything looks on the up and up so I sign up for a years plan. I have 3 days to change my mind. I come in on the next day and they assign me a trainer. He puts me thru some exercises and im feeling fine till he slaps to much weight on a machine and i told him i couldn't hold it. I felt a pop in my arm and thought nothing of it as it wasn't to painful. So i left feeling good.

The next Morning i wake up and i can't move my arm. So i go to the emergency room and they tell me i have a torn bicep. And im put in a sling and an appointment is made with a specialist. I call the gym that night as there open 24/7 and express my wishes to cancel my membership. The tell me the manager has to authorize that and she will call me the next day or by my count day 3 of my 3 day period. She never calls so i call and again am told the mamager is not in she will call me tommorow. I express concern as this is my last day to cancel. They assure me that since i tried to call on the second day I would be allowed to cancel as soon as i talk to the manager.

I wait and I wait and finally a week later i recieve a call which in no uncertain terms tells me i cannot cancel my membership and i would be required to pay the entire 300 some dollars via my checking account which i gave them. So i called the bank and immediatly had a no electronic withdraws stamp put on my account. My bank was polite and told me that was my best option. Now i keep getting papers from them demanding payment to which i vehmatley(SIC) refuse. and they turned me over to a collection agency. And im still refusing to pay them. So let this serve as a warning that Powerhouse gym may look like a nice place but if you have a problem they will do there best to make sure you are treated unfairly.

Steven
Tipton, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2002 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Powerhouse-gym/Kokomo-Indiana-46902/Powerhouse-gym-uncooperative-ripoff-abused-mistreated-Kokomo-Indiana-37968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Powerhouse gym

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Did you ever talk with the owner

AUTHOR: Chad - (U.S.A.)

I own Powerhouse Gym and I have never heard of this claim Steven......I can honestly say if you spoke with me I would have given you your money back! Now since I have been made aware of this problem contact me with the Doctors report and I will take care of this!