Complaint Review: Powersource

• Updated: Fri, August 12, 2011

• Reported By: David — USA Virginia United States of America
Powersource
2230 Macintosh Drive Internet United States of America

Powersource Josh - The salesman Shipped wrong product, SLOW shipping on replacement, Refused to process Core Return. Internet

*Consumer Comment: yeah

*Author of original report: So, it's my fault your staff is bad?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Owner rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: Wow!

*Author of original report: uh, yea.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You left something out David

I needed a new transmission for my Windstar and wanted one rated for towing.  After a long search found Marshall Engines. 36Mo/100K warranty and rated for towing.
Talked to :
Michelle Self
Customer Support Rep
Marshall Engines
1-888-236-9610 Ext. 128
She refereed me to Powersource ( a re-seller) to purchase the unit at a bit of a discount.

I talked to Josh at Powersource- 901-834-5278, and ordered the part.
It took about two weeks before I was contacted by R+L Carriers that the part was in and they would delver it. Then we had a snow storm, and the delivery was delayed an additional week. It just showed up one day when I wasn't there, they never contacted me to tell me it was being delivered.

I had arranged to use a service bay to install the transmission, so I had my car towed to  the shop that evening. Upon opening the box the next day,  I realized they had sent the wrong part.
I called them and told them the problem and it took 3 days for them to admit they sent the wrong part and said I had to call R+L Carriers to pick up the wrong one. I called the carrier and 2 days later they showed up. The driver had no paperwork or idea what was going on. I filled out a shipping form and they took away the transmission.

A week later, I was told that they were processing the return as a warranty replacement and they would send the correct part out soon.
It took another 2+ week to get the correct part and by that time I had lost access to the garage I was going to use.

After a few months of arranging to get a new work space, I gave up and paid a local shop to install it.  An additional $900, a months I would not have had to spend if they had shipped the correct part in the first place, or had shipped the replacement as soon as they knew they had sent me they wrong part.

After all that I contacted them about shipping the old one back and getting my core charge back.
I was worried that it have been a long time, but was told by Josh:
"We don't have any time constraints on core returns.  I'll just need your information to get the core pickup done.  I remember selling it to you, but I don't recall all of the pertinent info."
I send him all the info, including scanned copies of all the documents, and got back a message:
"That'll get it done!  I'll get everything in the works for the pickup.  Thanks, Josh"

I never heard from him again, no response to calls or emails.
I contacted Michelle Self and Kelli Lawrence at Marshall Engines, but didn't get any response from them.

So I'm out the additional time and $900 to get the transmission installed, and $400 for the core charge.

I'm a bit worried that the 3mo./100K mile warranty might be useless, since the "customer service" has been so bad so far. I suspect that if the Transmission does fail, I'll just have to go to court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2011 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Powersource/internet/Powersource-Josh-The-salesman-Shipped-wrong-product-SLOW-shipping-on-replacement-Refu-739231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Powersource

yeah

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

what he said.

So, it's my fault your staff is bad?

AUTHOR: 22203 - (United States of America)

If YOUR staff had not constantly promised and not delivered, as can be seen from the emails, then things might have gotten resolved sooner.
You keep saying *I* sat on this for 14 months. Did you not read the complaint? Did you not loot at your own paperwork?
Your company created the issue by taking a *MONTH* to replace the wrong transmission you shipped me! And of course, I guess your assume that was my fault also?

As stated earlier, why do you insist on making this a "customers fault" issue?  Your company created the problem, and now it's resolved. Except in your mind you *HAVE* to be right. So attack your clients. And they says customer service is dead in this country. No, its just revolting.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Owner rebuttal

AUTHOR: Warning - (U.S.A.)

You have zero e-mails back and forth from ME about the problem. As soon as I was aware of the problem, I fixed it. If you had a problem getting it done with a salesman, then move up. It's called chain of command. In our defense, we do have to rely on Marshall's to issue the pickup request, then on the freight line to execute it. If it didn't get done, you could have called ME rather than sit on it for 14 months. As far as where and when I scheduled the pickup, I used the information I had available. Again, direct contact with me would have been beneficial. Since you've never contacted me about it, I will take this opportunity to apologize for the problems you've had. Clearly, yours is not typical of our normal transaction, or the BBB would have far more than 7 (all resolved) complaints out of the literally thousands of transactions we've processed in the last 3 years.

Wow!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

These guys sound almost as bad as SCAAmco.

uh, yea.

AUTHOR: 22203 - (United States of America)

I have lots of emails back and forth from you that showed that you admitted to the problems, but did nothing about it.It was only after the complaint to the BBB that you did anything, and even then you scheduled a pickup without notifying me, using the wrong location and I had to drive 50 miles round trip to my business location at night to pick up the transmission so the pickup could happen the next day. Since your carrier didn't cover the where the transmission was, just my HOME address that you gave them for pickup. Even though you never delivered anything there, and I told you in 3 different emails where the transmission was.

I did actually get my money back:
AFTER I had to deal with the pickup issues.
AFTER I had to file ANOTHER complaint, because you picked up the transmission and didn't refund my core charge.

What is the point of attacking the customer because of shoddy service?  In my business if there is a problem, I apologize, fix the problem, and get back to business. The customer is always right. And in this case you have made me prove it.

I think if your rebuttal was "Were are sorry for the inconvenience that the miscommunication caused, the customer has received a full refund"
I think that would go over MUCH better with future customers than going on the attack.

Try reading a Zig Ziglar book sometime.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

You left something out David

AUTHOR: Warning - (U.S.A.)

You forgot to divulge that after the first core pickup attempt failed, you sat on the core for 14 months without telling us before you called the Better Business Bureau to complain. You also forgot to divulge that we got it picked up promptly and got your refund issued promptly once we were made aware of the situation. Apparently the BBB agrees that our customer service is considerably better than you think since we retain an A+ rating with them.