returns

• Submitted: Sun, July 08, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, July 13, 2012

• Reported By: jmpage2 — Littleton Colorado United States of America
Powersystemsdirect.com, Power Systems Direct, Neobits,

Power Systems Direct, Neobits, Powersystemsdirect.com neobits.com Refuses to refund money after item was returned, Internet

*Author of original report: July 12 update

I purchased a security camera from neobits.com on May 22nd 2012.  This camera was advertised with specific features both on the manufacturer website and neobits.com website, one of those features being security lights.

When the camera arrived, it had been shipped direct from the manufacturer (Brickcom) and it did NOT have the security light feature, despite that description appearing on both brick com and neobits websites.

I made my purchase with Paypal.

I requested an RMA from Neobits, and was eventually granted one from Nina Roy (RMA # R1206104).  In addition to the RMA #, Ms. Roy also provided a prepaid UPS shipping label (Tracking # 1Z2F483X9096417320) and I dutifully shipped the item back in like new condition.  It is important to note that the return shipping label had the item going directly back to BrickCom the camera manufacturer. [continued below]....
.....

Time passed and I had not received a credit back from Neobits for my return.  Attempts to contact Neobits and find out why I had not received credit went unanswered so I opened a dispute with Paypal.  Paypal reported that since I had shipped the item back to an address other than the merchant address on file (which they would not provide to me) that there was nothing they could do, per their policies.

At my request Paypal contacted Neobits directly (by phone, at my request) and Nina Roy of Neobits insisted that they had issued a credit return on June 21st and provided a confirmation number which Paypal reported was incomplete.  At this time Paypal also confirmed that no refund had ever been issued to my account for the purchase amount of $681.96.

Nina Roy reported that there was nothing further that she could do and recommended that Paypal and/or myself contact Arvind Goel of Power Systems Direct AKA Neobits by email only (agoel@neobits.com).

Paypal sent an email to Arvind Goel of Power Systems Direct on June 27th requesting more information about the supposed refund, which has gone completely unanswered.  Further attempts by myself to get Power Systems AKA Neobits to issue my refund have been ignored.

I am filing this Ripoff Report because merchant Power Systems Direct continues to claim that they have issued a refund for my verified returned purchase, which they have not done.  Power Systems Direct has $681.96 of my money since May of this year which they have not refunded to me, even though I have proof that they issued an RMA to me, and the item was shipped back and signed for.

If Power Systems Direct, AKA Neobits will not do the correct thing and issue me a refund I will be forced to take them to small claims court, where I expect to prevail in this matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2012 09:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Powersystemsdirectcom-Power-Systems-Direct-Neobits/internet/Power-Systems-Direct-Neobits-Powersystemsdirectcom-neobitscom-Refuses-to-refund-money-908659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Powersystemsdirect.com, Power Systems Direct, Neobits,

July 12 update

AUTHOR: jmpage2 - (United States of America)

I continued to escalate this issue with Paypal and finally got a supervisor who took some interest in the case.  After she made several calls to the owner (I'm guessing Arvind) over the course of several days my money was finally refunded.

I want to be very clear that it is my opinion that if I had not escalated this issue with Paypal that I don't believe I ever would have gotten my money back.

Initial service from this merchant was good, the problem is if you have an issue and need a return.

Whatever you do, if you do a transaction through Paypal and need to return an item, MAKE SURE that you send the item back to the merchant/seller PAYPAL address only, even if they insist that you must send it to a different address.  Open a dispute with Paypal if necessary PRIOR to agreeing to send an item back to an address other than the merchant address.  This is a huge loophole in Paypal's policies in which a seller can ask you to send an item back to a different address than their Paypal address, and even if this is a legitimate place to ship the item to (original manufacturer, another warehouse, etc) you are HOSED if the merchant refuses to refund your money.

I have spent over 10 hours dealing with this, and at the rate I bill clients, you could say that Neobits owes me about another $500 or so in lost time.

Personally I would avoid Neobits.  The fact that Arvind Goel does not respond to customer emails, does not pick up the phone to talk about a problem like this says a lot about how he runs business.  Find another merchant to deal with who is more open with their customers and interested in fixing issues quickly.