Complaint Review: Practical Computers

Practical Computers
1510 Mohawk Blvd. Springfield, Oregon USA

Practical Computers Cindy Manke RIP OFF Springfield Oregon

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Business owner's response

This company built my computer.  I paid $900.00 in 2010 for it.  They had installed virus protection (free version AVAST).  Every time I had problems with my computer because of their choice of software, they repeatedly tried to upsell me on things, such as a new virus protection for $50.00.  They had the ability to fix things remotely but insisted I continually bring in my computer over & over to keeping charging me, of course.  They are after the $$.  Beware.  The entire reason I purchased locally was to not be treated like this .... but the owner Cindy Manke .... theyr'e in my own backyard.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2013 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Practical-Computers/Springfield-Oregon-97477/Practical-Computers-Cindy-Manke-RIP-OFF-Springfield-Oregon-1086703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Practical Computers

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Business owner's response

AUTHOR: Practical - (USA)

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy. Back in 2010 we did recommend Avast as a “free” alternative to paid antivirus. We are continually evaluating antivirus and do change our recommendation from time to time based on what is or isn’t working. If you did get infected we would have recommended that you step up to a “paid” antivirus that does a better job...so you don’t have to keep bringing your PC back to us.

We can do many things remotely but when your PC is infected and not functioning correctly is really limits our ability to work on it. Plus if the PC is in our shop we have better ways of working on it such as connecting your drive to one of our servers for scanning, which helps keep the cost down.

We are about service, not $$, and have been serving our customers since 1987. Even with antivirus installed it is possible to get infected if you click on things you shouldn’t, and we do have to change for work we perform. We take pride in our work and strive to keep our costs as low as possible and our customers happy!