Complaint Review: Prado E-Cigarette

• Submitted: Fri, June 17, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 17, 2011

• Reported By: retprof — Presque Isle Maine United States of America
Prado E-Cigarette
14301 N. 87th St, Ste 166, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Prado E-Cigarette Failure to honor free trial and cancellation of future monthly subscription Scottsdale, Arizona

Wishing to try smoking cessation alternatives, I opted to to ask for Prado E-Cigarette on June 1, 2011, for an agreed $12.95. I provided a valid credit card.

The limited trial Prado package arrived by USPS First Class Parcel Post rate within ten days.

Before I even had a chance to try the Prado product, my credit card was charged an additional $149.90 on my credit card without explanation.

Calling Prado customer service, I was informed that the additional charge was for continuous monthly sending of additional Prado materials. I also explained that I lived only on Social Security and could not affford a monthly charge when normal cigarette prices were half that price for a monthly bill.

When I requested a full refund and no further charges, I was told by the customer service woman that she could cancel my account and refund only $70.00. No other address nor telephone number nor e-mail address was provided in my dealings with Prado.

Further probing resulted in my receiving a cancellation number and promise to receive a call-back from the woman's Prado supervisor. No call-back was made by any Prado personnel, nor any partial refund attempted to my bank.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2011 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prado-E-Cigarette/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/Prado-E-Cigarette-Failure-to-honor-free-trial-and-cancellation-of-future-monthly-subscrip-742158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prado E-Cigarette