Complaint Review: Prado Electronic Cigarette

• Updated: Tue, May 17, 2011

• Reported By: Sharon — Durham North Carolina United States of America
Prado Electronic Cigarette
405 West Fairmont Dr. Tempe, Florida 85282 Internet United States of America

Prado Electronic Cigarette Unauthorized, continuous charges to my bank card! Internet

I ordered the Prado electronic cigarette kit advertised for $12.95 a couple months back.  I received one "electronic cigarette" along with one box of 5 cartriges.  The advertisement stated that a box of 10 cartridges would come with the "kit."  There was no instruction manual, or anything to tell me how to use this "cigarette."  I spent hours figuring it out, only to have it totally stop working after the first day.

I decided I was "ripped off" and would not order any other product, or "refills" from this company, so I did not.  Two months later on May 12, 2011, I notice the company had charged my bank card $69.90.  I called and asked them why I was charged this and was given the "run around" by the spanish-speaking lady.  She was rude, spoke extremely fast, and kept arguing with me; letting me know that I had supposedly agreed to these terms.  I assure you.. I did not.  I told her to cancel any future transactions as I was no longer interested in receiving anything else from them, as it did not even work.  She said she cancelled.

On May 15, 2011, I received a small package in my mailbox from them containing 2 small boxes of refill cartridges that I did not order.  I called back, and told them I had not ordered these and this representative also spoke over top of me, spoke so fast, and would not listen to me.  I kept telling her that I had cancelled any and all future business with this company.  She then started "jabbering" something about since I had cancelled, she was going to give me an 80% discount, and not charge me the $69.90 again because the original price was $149.90.  I told her that I had NEVER seen, nor been told it was $149.90.  She then kept assuring me that I was cancelled and there would be no further charges because she gave me a "discount?"

On May 16, 2011, the very next morning, while checking my online bank statement, I saw where the company charged my bank card $69.90 AGAIN!!  I spent half of a day, speaking with TWO different representatives, and they both told me there would be no refund, but they would give me a discount.  If I've already been charged 69.90 TWICE within a 4 day period, and the supposed original price for the kit was $149.00 (which I would have never agreed to either)... what "discount" was I given and for what?  I had cancelled TWICE and had ordered nothing else from them.  I told the second lady that I wanted to speak with the main supervisor and she told me to hold on.  She came back after a few seconds and told me "Sorry, my supervisor is in a meeting.  Goodbye."

I now have to go to my bank and cancel my card and get another one because this company keeps putting charges on it.  This is pathetic and I want my money back.  I've now seen hundreds of these same stories and reports, but who is doing anything about it so we can get back whatever is due us?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2011 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prado-Electronic-Cigarette/internet/Prado-Electronic-Cigarette-Unauthorized-continuous-charges-to-my-bank-card-Internet-730351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prado Electronic Cigarette